No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking advantage of the sunny weather we had a day out, starting with a transport museum about 60 miles away. I love looking at old trucks and buses. These were from the 1920's to the 60's plus a few from the 70's/80's.
    Then we went to see the sea at Southport which is on the North West coast of England

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
      Taking advantage of the sunny weather we had a day out, starting with a transport museum about 60 miles away. I love looking at old trucks and buses. These were from the 1920's to the 60's plus a few from the 70's/80's.
      Then we went to see the sea at Southport which is on the North West coast of England
      I Google Earthed Southport to see your sea with you. Does the tide ever fill in on those mud flats? I suppose it does since there's that seawall between the flats and the road. I like seeing the coastal areas around the world since we live very near one and also since much of my work centers on coastal work, such as piers and marinas.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post

I Google Earthed Southport to see your sea with you. Does the tide ever fill in on those mud flats? I suppose it does since there's that seawall between the flats and the road. I like seeing the coastal areas around the world since we live very near one and also since much of my work centers on coastal work, such as piers and marinas.
        Where i live we are suffering from massive coastal erosion which is encroaching on our golf course, that is the 5th oldest in the world.
        The local council appear to be doing nothing and various studies have been performed confirming the course will be breached in several places.
        We have lost approx 100 meters of dunes over the last 40 years or so and has been increasing in recent years.

Who knows what the outcome will be, if only we had money
        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post

I've been to Southport lots of times over the years and I've never seen the tide come right in, don't know if it does or not. Yesterday was a sunny day yet the sand was wet with the exception of perhaps the last ten yards. This would indicate that the tide does eventually come right in but who knows.

Comment

• Finished ... Hope all my US friends have a safe, thankful & Happy 4th
            Attached Files

Comment

• ok ... WHICH course are y'all talking about? I'd like to look it up too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                ok ... WHICH course are y'all talking about? I'd like to look it up too.
                Montrose Links Golf, 1562 course

Comment

• OF COURSE we're watching Shark Week ... nothing else to do this week :")

Comment

• WELL OH MY. I've got a story for y'all. Kevin has been having R flank pain - we know it well by now. Tuesday he goes to the Urologist as a work in - CT results three stones in the R kidney & two in the R ureter. He has two stones in the L kidney. BAD NEWS. So they give him pain meds & medicine to help with "flow". Repeat CT in a week. Friday night at 10 the pain hits - he's just rolling with pain -- sad to see, after throwing up he FINALLY says at 5 am I have to go to the ER.... This new Urologist - wow GOD love em, he meets us at the ER - takes Kevin to the OR & gets ALL FIVE of the stones in his R kidney. AMAZING! he lasered them so they'll pass like sand. Kevin has a stent which he's had before but HATES, very painful for guys. (cringe). SO that's 30 - THIRTY stones he's has & we STILL have 31 & 32 in his L kidney - we we're not talking about those, ha!
                    So.... how's y'all week been :thumbs: ...

last stent he had it was placed on a Thursday & he had a golf tournament SAT & SUN that weekend and PLAYED. You could hear him scream practically all over the course when he peed, --

Comment

• sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• That all sounds pretty nasty Fours, hope things get sorted soon
                        Last edited by YB; 08-08-2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• That sounds awful, hope i never have to suffer that

Comment

• He's off to work this morning ... SLOWLY.

Comment

• Ok... update ... took his stent out early & has had pain since. NOW it's the L side - which he does have 2 stones. FF to this pass weekend BUT -- he passed 2 stones yesterday! yea! Hoping it's the L stone & that the 5 on R were pulverized ....

SAD note: my Simon one of my 17 year old cats (my favorite) is not well, 2 trips to the Cat ER this weekend for fluids, meds, etc. She's weak, not drinking, not herself, hiding .... she's kinda out of it. YES, big O boo hoo .... it's gonna be hard - she's my baby. -- ok can't talk about it.

Comment

• A good day/night for Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X