What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing?

Well obviously I'm NOT watching the opening for the oscars - nor the show.
    If your work is rewarding u should b rewarded .
    ----- not every kid gets a trophy ---- well maybe today's kids do - [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Katie View Post
      Giz, sorry to hear about the job.

Mo, the right window treatment makes all the difference, doesn't it?
      Just love my blinds - way neater than curtains although I was so proud of my effort when I made them.

- - - Updated - - -

4A - +My sister watches the Awards as she likes to see what the women are wearing - I don't think I've ever watched them or maybe once and got fed up with all the thanking of everyone, found it all kinda boring.

Katie, Gis is looking for some input about a story for 7 year olds, I thought maybe it was a bit advanced for that age but figured you'd have a better idea as you write for young adults?

Comment

• What are you doing?

Mo we've gone with faux white wood blinds for all our windows. Curtains only on a few. The blinds gave a nice upper molding valance that's really nice - no curtain needed.[emoji846]

Comment

• I don't really watch the Oscars, I usually just catch E! the next day. The dresses this year overall were GOOD. Olivia Munn, Charlize Theron, Helen Lasichnhe? which was Pharrell's date, Eniko Parrish Kevin Hart's date, and I loved the color & liked the dress Matt Damon's wife had on - BUT the "velcro" looking swatches were not attractive on this dress. and Sly Stallone's wife. These were my favs.
          And the "what were they thinking": Kate Winslet, Amy Poehelr, Mark Ruffalo's wife, Hedi Klum, Serena Williams, Zooey Deschanel -- so far

And to the ladies that wear ALL SEQUIN gowns … I guess it must have to be the right color, dress style & BODY type or else they come off looking like some type of FISH. Someone please slip that bit of advise in there!
          Last edited by 4AMNTN; 29-02-2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• 4A - I laughed at the picture in the paper of Sly Stallone's wife, I thought she had forgotten to put a dress on over her underslip or chemise or whatever the garment is usually called under a dress. It must have looked better from your angle.

On a more serious note thought I'd share this family news:

Have been thinking a lot about my brother who is now in a hospice in Surrey, British Columbia. Ken is 83 and has lived a good life with few health problems so when he was diagnosed recently with brain cancer it was a huge shock to the whole family. It is only in the brain, nothing in the rest of his body. The oncologist said it was a case of bad luck, they don't know what causes this type of cancer. He is in no pain whatsoever which is a great blessing and does not know why he can't go home. His wife Pat is at the hospice daily.

Ken and Pat met on board the Empress of France, the ship which brought our family to Canada in 1953, a real shipboard romance which has lasted over 60 years. They have a son and daughter and four grandchildren, all of whom are rallying around and providing comfort and help to each other.

Didn't want this to be maudlin, just sharing some thoughts about family.
            Last edited by momckee; 29-02-2016, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• I'm sorry you're clear on the other end of the country from your brother at this time, Maureen. It would be nice if you guys could see each other again. Prayers to you and your family.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Thanks Dan, would really like to make the trip but 5 1/2 hours on the plane are just not feasible as I have trouble with both knees and back. I might need some medical attention myself by the time I got there. I phoned the hospice today to see how he was and they were all for putting me through on the telephone to his room - I told them that the phone confuses and upsets him, tried to talk to him in January when he first showed signs of dementia and it really upsets him, just had them pass a 'hello' message along to him. His short term memory is almost nonexistent now. It's all very sad.

Comment

• Thoughts are with you Mo. Thank you for sharing that sweet story. Oh - Video chat? With your grandchildren - while their there? Bless Pat too

Comment

• Thanks 4A.

Comment

• straightening my "ironing room". I've been lazy all winter with WHERE I've been putting clothes, etc. now I have a big sloppy mess! ugh - not my favorite thing.

Comment

• I do not like to iron therefore I make it a point that when I go shopping I look closely at the tags on the items I'm interested in buying. Oh, this is a pretty blouse. Where's the tag? Oh, Okay. It says Wash & Wear. Non-Wrinkle. I buy it, wear it, and wash it. Take it out of the dryer and WHAT's This? Wrinkles! It'll have to be ironed! They must have meant the tag is wash & wear because the blouse has to be ironed before I can wear it again. I hate when that happens - and it happens a lot. False advertising is what it is.

And the tags on men's shirts which read Permanent Press - No Ironing....don't believe it!

Comment

• Yeah I iron everything before I wear it. Mostly inside out...it lessens the "scorch" factor. I have clothes - u wouldn't believe! But I don't really go anywhere. I need to go thru & get rid of. Today turned out overcast & cold so once again I didn't go upstairs to clean - I made a pie & im reading.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Ok so I have an either or for chores tomorrow - it's going to be mid 60's & I can either clean the ironing room OROROR pick up sticks in the yard. I don't really see the point in that because we'll have a storm NEXT WEEK! This is starting up hurricane season so I say no thank u. I don't think we have enough crown here to even make it alittle fun.[emoji484] well maybe we do & maybe I can listen to pandora & I'll get to ride on the gator wear sloppy play clothes yeah this is sounding better..[emoji57]

Comment

• I'm checking every morning to see if my box turtle is rousing from hibernation. He usually spends mid-October to mid-March burrowed into a leaf pile. We had a couple of storms over the weekend (yay!) and the weather has cooled a little. Not sure if the rain will get him moving or the cool weather will keep him in his shell. We'll see.
                              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• That's funny Dan! Keep us updated . How cute!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X