X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I shared my BLT dip recipe?
    8oz Hellmann's (mayo)
    8oz sour cream
    fresh diced tomato (u can use petite canned, squeeze out juice)
    8 strips cooked bacon crumbled ...
    some add cream cheese - 8oz down to "to taste" I don't care for it at all in this... no need.
    dip with Town House crackers...
    place in fridge - to set up ....
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 08-07-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Ever sit & snack on a "food" until you decide that you NEVER want to eat that again? Doritos -- I don't even want to smell them. (well for a good while anyway) haha!

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
        Ever sit & snack on a "food" until you decide that you NEVER want to eat that again? Doritos -- I don't even want to smell them. (well for a good while anyway) haha!
        I've never liked fancy crisps (chips) ready salted is about my limit
        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

big mistake - I don't/can't even smell one now. -- yuk. BUT chips are MY weakness - Kevin likes chocolate, sweets, ice cream, etc. I'm more chips ... nuts ... except the ones with the "peel"on them - I don't like peels - pickles, TOMATO, apples, cucumber etc.

Comment

It's very rare that I snack. Usually go between proper meals with only a drink. Eat around 8.30, 12.30 & 6pm

Comment

Gonna make my mom's Sock it to me cake for Thanksgiving -- also a Chess pie and Oreo marshmallow brownies! ( I was given desserts ....

Comment

Please explain the ingredients / make up of Sock it to me cake - also Chess pie

I must have led a sheltered life as I don't think I've ever had either - unless we in the UK call them by a different name

Comment

What food do you dislike and won't eat.

Southern Cheese Pie: 3 eggs
                  1 1/2c white sugar
                  1 stick (1/2 c) butter melted
                  2 T white whole milk
                  1 T self rising flour
                  1 t vanilla
                  pastry (pie) shell
                  Whisk sugar, eggs,- add melted butter, flour, milk, vanilla whisk well until blended — Pour into shell BAKE 350 for 45-50 minutes — check your edges may have to foil over them at 40??? Custer should be set take out & let completely cool.

I looked up the origins of this pie and it was said that's it's SOUTHERN - and when it was served someone asked "what type of pie is this" and the response was "just pie" and in a lazy southern drawl it sounded like "chess pie"

Sock-it-to-Me cake: 1 8oz butter cake mix
                  1 cup sour cream
                  1/3 vegetable oil
                  2 t ground cinnamon
                  2 T brown sugar
                  1 cup chopped pecans.
                  (puh-kaan. haha)

1/4 cup white sugar
                  1 cup confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
                  2 T whole white milk
                  4 eggs
                  1/4 cup water
                  ****** mix 2 T of cake mix, cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans SET ASIDE
                  in a large bowl blend cake mix, sour cream, oil water, eggs & sugar. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour 2/3 of batter in a GREASED & FLOUED BUNDT CAKE PAN. Sprinkle the mixture you SET ASIDE evenly around top of batter. Pour the remaining batter spread evenly.
                  Bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes COOL for 25 minutes
                  to make glaze: Blend your confectioner's sugar & milk - drizzle over AFTER you've cooled & flipped your cake

story of the Sock-it-to-me- cake .... it's so good that it means "LAY IT ON ME".... sock it to me!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 4AMNTN; 20-11-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Thank you Fours. I was right, I've not had either

Comment

Did I ever tell y'all my mom makes the BEST: potato salad, green beans, Mac & cheese, slaw, corn light bread, roast, Watergate salad.... oh my yummy!

Comment

Always ALWAYS looking for good Mac n Cheese! What is special about your Mom's, 4?
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

I'll ask her ...I'm sure she'll make it this Sunday! I know she'll buy a chunk of cheese at the deli & grate it - milk & of course the noodles. secret ingredient is ... love -- HA!

Comment

MAC & CHEESE by Gerry. Buy Land o Lakes cheese by the chunk in the deli (Wal Mart, Kroger) melt add milk, a little butter & cooked elbow macaroni, blend & EAT! I'm not sure of the measurements because it's such a varied attendance. -- enjoy

Comment

Working...
                            X