No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to start a book I’ve had on my favorites for awhile - tho I just purchased this month. Into the Yellowstone ... anyone know it? [emoji1319][emoji3526][emoji1309]
    Hi Dan!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      About to start a book I’ve had on my favorites for awhile - tho I just purchased this month. Into the Yellowstone ... anyone know it? [emoji1319][emoji3526][emoji1309]
      Hi Dan!!!!

Good read
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
        Good read
        Yes, it was.

Comment

About to start a book I’ve had on my favorites for awhile - tho I just purchased this month. Into the Yellowstone ... anyone know it? [emoji1319][emoji3526][emoji1309]
          Hi Dan!!!!
          Let me know if you don't like it, I'll punch the author!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gismo View Post
          Good read
          Thanks, Gis!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
          Yes, it was.
          Thank you, Deanie!
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Oh poo! I’ll get on that! [emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

Comment

• Into the Yellowstone ... read until 4am ... on chapter 12. Got a later start, couldn't sleep. Already it's easy to picture the environment - laughed out loud about the horse bloating itself when the saddle strap was applied. Happened to me - tho I slid & eventually fell off - I was in the 6th grade - the horses' name was Daisy - she was a painted horse - Palomino? a Tobiano or Tovero in color. haaaaaaa thanks for the memories.

Comment

• I have recently started "The Reacher Guy" by Heather Martin. Lee Child's official biography. I'll let you know what I thought by the end of the week, probably

Comment

• oh good!

Comment

• Just finished "Trust Your Eyes" by Linwood Barclay....like an updated Rear Window type story. I enjoyed it immensely.
                    On to "All the Missing Girls" by Megan Miranda. About 1/3 through and liking this one so far. Was difficult at 1st but that's because it works backwards. Each new chapter is about the day before...I'll let you know if I like it by the end!

Comment

• Sounds complicated , Meg. I do prefer life to be simple

Comment

• Wow Dan ... Into the Yellowstone was amazing. It was so good. About chapter 14 I said to Kevin - you know Daddy would like this I thought I need to tell him ---- so the book was VERY emotional for me. Dad was a huge Louis L'Amour fan - I remember hearing him talk about those books growing up - so to see you mention him & the scene setting for this book - yeah - it was a constant Daddy would like this. Several places I laughed out loud - a particular paragraph held my attention enough to take a picture of it. The longing in his heart to go back & stop his dad from passing hit home. And made me think what WOULD people do if they could -- what moment would THEY choose? Also it immediately reminded me of Last of the Dogmen which I love! I would love to see this area. Our 30th is coming up & staying in Jackson Hole was my dream - COVID has stopped that.
                        I just didn't want to put this down - it was wonderfully written - thank you!

Makes me wish you'd continue the story - fill in parts - how did that picture come to be? WHO left it? WHEN? What happened to War Wolf & how did he explain what he experienced? The Prof. -- how did they all come together, McCreary's family - his travels how did HE explain - sad to see the drinking phase ... it was all so interesting!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 4AMNTN; 03-02-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Dan:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow Dan ... Into the Yellowstone was amazing. It was so good. About chapter 14 I said to Kevin - you know Daddy would like this I thought I need to tell him ---- so the book was VERY emotional for me. Dad was a huge Louis L'Amour fan - I remember hearing him talk about those books growing up - so to see you mention him & the scene setting for this book - yeah - it was a constant Daddy would like this. Several places I laughed out loud - a particular paragraph held my attention enough to take a picture of it. The longing in his heart to go back & stop his dad from passing hit home. And made me think what WOULD people do if they could -- what moment would THEY choose? Also it immediately reminded me of Last of the Dogmen which I love! I would love to see this area. Our 30th is coming up & staying in Jackson Hole was my dream - COVID has stopped that.
                            I just didn't want to put this down - it was wonderfully written - thank you!

Makes me wish you'd continue the story - fill in parts - how did that picture come to be? WHO left it? WHEN? What happened to War Wolf & how did he explain what he experienced? The Prof. -- how did they all come together, McCreary's family - his travels how did HE explain - sad to see the drinking phase ... it was all so interesting!
                            I'm so glad you liked it it, 4! Did you leave a review on Amazon ((nudge-nudge, wink-wink, say no more). Oh, when I saw the first trailer for Last of The Dogmen I thought somebody stole my story! I like that movie too, have the DVD. I think most of your questions will be answered in stories to come. Yes, Louis L'Amour has been a longtime favorite of mine and there are definitely several nods to LL in this story. I don't remember actually mentioning him though. But if you've read his work, you might recognize them. I'm sure your dad would've. I'm very glad you had that connection with the story!

Comment

• LL in ur “about the author” YES! I left a review... I’ve been on Amazon from the start & I think I’ve only left 3-4 reviews. Well it’s a huge compliment - I was shocked when u stated this was 20 years + in the making— I have the DVD too! It’s an amazing story - I say to the cats all the time “NO HA” — just last week Kevin said why don’t u just say “NO UH UH” ... It’s just something that’s stuck with me from watching that movie. That and from Dances with Wolves “why see chu” ??? spelling. When I see someone unexpected.

Oh! Ok! That is something worth waiting for!
                              No I’ve never read a LL. But I think I might try one now.
                              When u described the outfits they wore — I was 9 when we had a family vacation out to California we stopped in Colorado at Cave of the Winds and watched the Indians dance around a fire? my sister at the time gave them all her money she was so upset/taken by it - (we were all given 100.00 to spend on whatever for the trip ‘77) so see I really enjoyed ur book.
                              I’ve told Kevin about it twice now I think- he doesn’t like to hear about my books because they’re usually forensic murder medical and he doesn’t like that kind of thing.

Comment

I say to the cats all the time “NO HA” — just last week Kevin said why don’t u just say “NO UH UH” ... It’s just something that’s stuck with me from watching that movie. That and from Dances with Wolves “why see chu” ??? spelling. When I see someone unexpected.
                                Haha, when I'm throwing the ball for Dexter and I'm down to the last one I hold up my finger and tell him "One ji!" like in Dances With Wolves when Lt. Dunbar tells Wind-In-His-Hair at the feast when they want him to tell (again) about his long shot to kill the buffalo and save the Indian boy. And I think the spelling is "wasichu" which is Lakota for white man, same as nahpikwan in Blackfoot.

No I’ve never read a LL. But I think I might try one now.
                                The best of the LL novels are the Sackett series. Your dad might've mentioned them. LL wrote them all out of order chronologically. The series actually starts in Shakespearean England (Sackett's Land) before it progresses to the New World and eventually the West. The first in the Sackett series to be written was in 1960 with a novel called The Daybreakers, I think set in the 1870s when the Sackett brothers head west to is Colorado. LL's arguably most famous Western is Hondo (John Wayne made it a movie). He's got lots of books that aren't even Westerns. Last of The Breed is set in Russia (but the good guy is an American Indian pilot captured by the Soviets during the Cold War) and is one of my personal favorites. Kevin might like that one if he's not into Westerns.

Comment

Working...
                                X