Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    Again congratulations— this was a wonderful book. I’ll tell everyone I can.
    BTW, 4, thank you so much for the review you left (using Kevin's name?). Another review came in recently from "Riley and Jen". Do you know them by any chance. Usually when reviews come in a cluster there's a connection. If you do, please tell them thank you for me!
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• YEA! Dan! Maybe they are Brad Meltzer fans? That did go out to the Twitter universe. I only have 300 followers - he has many more! We've had out Amazon account since ... around or/before 2000 so since I don't work - it's under Kevin's name for the CC.

Funny you should send that - I've been debating on whether to ask about the sequel??? And was reading up on Bill Tilghman the lawman that was shot by a federal agent - which was Wiley Lynn - Kevin's mother's side kin. The book: You Know my Name. -- wow history!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
        YEA! Dan! Maybe they are Brad Meltzer fans? That did go out to the Twitter universe. I only have 300 followers - he has many more! We've had out Amazon account since ... around or/before 2000 so since I don't work - it's under Kevin's name for the CC.

Funny you should send that - I've been debating on whether to ask about the sequel??? And was reading up on Bill Tilghman the lawman that was shot by a federal agent - which was Wiley Lynn - Kevin's mother's side kin. The book: You Know my Name. -- wow history!
        Kevin is related to Wiley Lin? How interesting! I love how history reaches out to touch us a little more closely sometimes than what we're usually aware of, if we're aware at all. I have a side kin connection to Meriwether Lewis way back some 215-ish years ago thay I didn't know about until we did Ancestry.com and I was able to start digging in to my family tree. You know, somehow a young Louis L'Amour met Bill Tilghman and learned things about gunfighting and other things from him before Tilghman was killed. LL credits BT in one of his novel dedications for showing him how it was done, or sometihng like that.

Regarding a sequel, yes, there will be at least one. I need to get off my butt and do it. It's just a first chapter and a lot of notes and ideas presently. I'm bound and determined to finish that Reacher/Longmire crossover story first. It's soooo close now.

Comment

• YES! I didn't know it until in my 40's but I love history! I've never had an ancestry check, hmmm. I've heard the story of Wiley Lynn - I have the DVD You Know my Name but haven't watched it. Not even sure what is shows of Lynn. And of course I've heard of Tilghman - Masterson, Earps, Garrett : then The Allan Pinkerton (another path) I mentioned I need to read a LL - still need to do that. Interesting about LL and Tilghman meeting - amazing. I am excited to hear of a sequel! So many questions from the first one!!! See THAT'S a great book. Nothing that I know in history from my family - 1620's ... English/Irish? But the area that we live in Burns (old Eastside) specifically Parker's Creek - a white woman that married the Comanche Chief that had captured her - Quanah Parker their SON also a chief .... it's THAT Parker's Creek - somehow. Her name: Cythina

Comment

• I'm very familiar with Cynthia Parker's story, but I didn't know there was a Parker's Creek to be lived in. That's cool. Through Ancestry, I found out my family arrived in the US around 1680. My heritage is 48% English/Northwestern Europe, 42% Scotland, 8% Irish, and 2% Scandinavia. So, yeah, I guess I'm full on white privileged and racist. Who knew?

Comment

• My advice, Fours, if you are interested in your family history then start getting into it straight away whilst you have some older living relatives who will be able to answer many questions.
              I showed little interest in mine until my grandson was born. I thought then I should try to put something together for him, although it may be many years before he is really interested. Unfortunately by the time I started in 2009 my parents, aunts & uncles had all passed on. I was/am really annoyed that I didn't ask questions when I had the chance

Comment

• yes YB we were pretty close - I "know" a little. You're right tho. My Great Grandmother was born in 1893? I remember at her funeral in '83? thinking wow she's seen a lot. The Titanic, CARS, WWI, women's suffrage, the depression, the Hindenburg, WWII, The Korean War, ELVIS (ha) JFK, The Moon Landing change in food services, convinces in the home, entertainment, ----- wow, that's a life!

Comment

• Whatever era you were born into and lived through you see massive changes.

Who could have predicted the internet, emails, mobile phones, devices where you can see the person you are talking to even though they may be 10,000 miles away.

When I was a kid (in the '50's) the talk was of space and then when man landed on the moon in 1969 we all predicted moon holidays by the year 2000. Wrong!!!

Comment

• Oh ha! That made me laugh out loud I don’t remember (us) predicting anything when I was younger ... I do remember going to Disney World at Space Mountain and seeing a display of a girl talking on a cell? phone and she had a TV remote? and I thought how amazing that would never happen. I remember my aunt Chris’s reaction to a microwave she was born in the early 20s she didn’t trust it she would not let us heat anything up in it and give it to her. HA! And yesterday trying to explain to momma the find my phone app on her iPhone she absolutely was adamant that we not track her even though she’s 78 driving around in a city that she doesn’t know she’s over two hours from the grave where Daddy is and she is mobile she gets around !!! And for me even though I don’t use it I think FaceTime and zoom I think those things are amazing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm still on The Reacher Guy - Lee Child's biography.

Slow going, I've been reading it for over a week now and still only three quarters of the way.

Has anyone else read this? what did you think?

Comment

• Yeah I know how that goes. The last few Reacher books I “drifted” too.

Comment

• Currently on Buried by Lynda La Plante. I like this lady's stories

Before that it was The Darkest Evening by Ann Cleeves. The new one in the Vera series

Comment

• Kiss The Girls - James Patterson
                            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Ohhhhh excellent! The movie was great! I’ve read ALL Alex Cross up until 2019 ... and most of James Patterson’s. I also like The Women’s Murder Club - PRIVATE - Michael Bennett - NYPD and The Murder House is a favorite! Also he has 2 books out about a New Orleans Chef I like also a Texas Ranger new series.....

Comment

• Reading Win by Harlan Coben.

Comment

Working...
                                X