Really good murder mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really good murder mystery

Have just finished an excellent murder mystery by Robert Bryndza, an English author who lives in Slovakia. Dark Water is a real puzzler featuring Detective Chief Inspector Erika Foster. A seven year old girl leaves her home on a Sunday afternoon to attend a birthday party several doors away from where she lives. She never reaches the birthday party. The police expend weeks of effort trying to find her and finally the case becomes cold. Twenty-six years later police divers are searching a quarry for a large package of heroin which they know was dumped there by a local drug dealer whom they have arrested but they need to be able to find the package and hope that his fingerprints are on it somewhere so that he can be charged and convicted. During their search they discover a large plastic wrapped bundle with chains which holds the skeleton of a child. It is the child who disappeared on her way to the birthday party. The plot is really well crafted with a few extra murders added to cover up the original crime and has a very clever and unexpected ending.

I've read another of Mr. Bryndza's book, The Girl in the Ice, which is equally well written.

I've read both books, Mo. Did you recommend the author to me or did I discover him on my own?

Comment

I've not heard of this author before. Will look out for him. Thanks for the tip, Mo.

Comment

I may have mentioned The Girl in the Ice, but I think you probably discovered him on your own Deanie.

Comment

The author name sounds familiar but haven't read anything by him. Sounds really good...I'm going to look for it at the library.

- - - Updated - - -

Put the Girl in the Ice on hold. Dark Water wasn't listed at the library. The Night Stalker was listed so I put that on the list of books to read in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X