No announcement yet.

A List Of The Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the exception of a couple I have thought them all good. If anything I favour the first ten rather than the latest ten. although only marginally

Comment

Do you mean Alice Aaron? She was a great character.

Comment

Was Alice the lawyer girl?

Comment

Favorite book...hmm...that's a hard one. Killing Floor, Tripwire, One Shot, Bad Luck & Trouble...one of those. Favorite Reacher moment...well, it's a little more than a moment, but one I love is when he infiltrates the Zec's house in One Shot. I can't believe they didn't use that ending in the movie. Would've been so good. I also love when he comes out from behind the seats in the helicopter in Bad Luck & Trouble. Surprise! Girlfriend? I've already expressed my feeling that it has to be Neagley, even if they never get together.
          He was the only man she’d ever wanted, the only one with whom she could ever allow herself to even think of being. She had known it from that first day back in the Army all those years ago. Known it throughout all the adventures and all the dangers they had shared. She had taken for granted that he was aware of it. How could he not feel it radiating from her, so strong sometimes that it was like an air raid siren going off in the same room. She moved through life with a primal awareness always of where he was, a kind of compass point feeling to which she was always attuned, no matter how far apart they were in distance or time.

It didn’t matter how many women he loved or had been loved by. She knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that he belonged to her and she to him. He might as well be the only man in the world, which in effect he was. Of course other women would want him, and have him, but the unspoken connection between the two of them was there, as real and as solid as anything in life could be. It was above what any other woman could possibly feel, and therefore other women posed no threat to what she felt, and what she knew he felt as well. A psychologist might’ve called it an obsession, a fantasy fixation akin to what stalkers believed about the people they were stalking. Except she didn’t stalk. No reason to. She knew someday her obsession would come to her.
          Last edited by Dan M.; 10-05-2020, 06:37 AM.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

A List Of The Books

Wow! Yes Dan. I totally agree!
            Favorite book: Bad Luck & Trouble - I also want this for the next movie. I liked Persuader Trip Wire The Hard Way Worth Dying For The Affair... the earlier books. I don’t care for the later ones. As stated many times LC should have written more flashbacks. I like the “hallway scene” in Persuader this also has the Russian Roulette scene.... gosh I think that was the book! I’ll have to check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by 4AMNTN; 08-05-2020, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Yes.
              Reacher helped her collect some money owed to one of her clients and she tried to represebt Carmen and helped Reacher find Ellie.

Comment

Thank you, Dot.

Another question, a few days ago Mo mentioned a book with a lot of pigs in it. I don't really remember that, which book was it?

Comment

A List Of The Books

... if I may ... was it Make Me? The one with folks being put to sleep? I didn’t care for this book. I remember the back hoe scene. Odd. Like his (LC) last book the TOWN — too unbelievable...[emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                    ... if I may ... was it Make Me? The one with folks being put to sleep? I didn’t care for this book. I remember the back hoe scene. Odd. Like his (LC) last book the TOWN — too unbelievable...[emoji848]

Make Me! I think that was it, 4! Side note, pigs were used quite effectively in Thomas Harris' third Hannibal Lecter book, Hannibal. I kind of wondered while reading Make Me if there was a bit of a nod to Harris' book, but by the end of it I decided there wasn't.
                    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Working...
                    X