X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does NASCAR have a 'season'?

Comment

everything cars

Yep Feb til November and Thank goodness they moved the July race at Talladega! Talk about hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They just had Speed Week in Daytona. A couple of our motor officers went up there to assist with traffic/safety.

Comment

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Talladega is our anniversary weekend! I think Bill Elliot still holds the record for the fastest run (we were there). We won't go ... oh we'll be in AL - for my niece to graduate college/UAH. Then she's off to University of Maryland for her master's. We have the Luke Bryan concert Friday, that's ALL on Sunday THEN! Tuesday The Yankees @ The Reds. I wanted to go, but you know, I'll just put my Reds cap on & have beer, nachos & hotdogs HERE, nice big screen & NO DRIVING TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Talladega is our anniversary weekend! I think Bill Elliot still holds the record for the fastest run (we were there). We won't go ... oh we'll be in AL - for my niece to graduate college/UAH. Then she's off to University of Maryland for her master's. We have the Luke Bryan concert Friday, that's ALL on Sunday THEN! Tuesday The Yankees @ The Reds. I wanted to go, but you know, I'll just put my Reds cap on & have beer, nachos & hotdogs HERE, nice big screen & NO DRIVING TIME!
              Sounds like a busy but fun time ahead
              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

That is a busy time! But I'm all for no driving time.

Comment

Took the car into the dealership for it's first oil change - although it only has 1700 miles. It had 4 recalls! Did know until AFTER that they come to get the car & bring it back. Oil changes, etc are FREE. But, they dropped something on the door & dented the chrome, good grief people! Don't think I'll let them drive the car tho. The last time I had my 07's oil changed the driver wrecked it. Took over 2 weeks to get it back. So ... that's a NO. Need to wash it again, bug guts - ugh!

Comment

Does anyone watch Street Outlaws? It's on DISC & VELocity channels. We really enjoy it.

Comment

Oh how funny ... A pair of teens tried carjacking in Nashville, the Hillsboro area (which is nice! - a shame) they left on foot cause they didn't know how to drive a stick! bah-bah-bah!!! -- they were arrested a short time later. Oh my gosh - my Dad made sure all 3 of us girls new how to drive a stick & change a tire BEFORE we could get our license. We had a steep driveway & he'd make us back up it & start off on it for hours it seemed. I could change gears better than any guy - you wouldn't know I was driving a stick if you didn't see it. smooth. And yep ... I have forgotten the tire method but NOT the stick,

Tho when we bought ORDERED our first Cadillac CTS-V in 2007 we got it just like I wanted ... then when it came in & we went to pick it up , OH MG! it came with a stick!! Whaaaa it's a Cadillac, it should serve coffee. - at the price! But that was the ONLY way that a V came. I didn't like it, I was 40 & I 'd been there done that - my Cadillac was NOT gonna be a stick. So I drove it 6 weeks & we bought a SRX-4 Cadillac. Our new CTS-V is NOT a stick :")

Comment

Strange how different we are on this side of the Atlantic. I would guess that 90% of cars in the UK are manual (stick). When we learn to drive if we pass our test in an auto then our licence only covers us to drive an auto. Passing a test in a manual allows us to drive both types.

I did once have an auto, 20+ years ago and I drove a couple belonging to my boss so I have done it. Downside in the UK is that an automatic usually costs more to buy, maybe 20% more, probably because they are limited edition in small/medium size cars. Some of the larger luxury cars are only available in auto. Plus automatics tend to use more fuel.

Comment

The latter is true here YB. Manuals are more expensive & better on gas I think. Our 2009 Brabus gets really good gas mileage tho, ha-ha! That's my run around in town car. I DO NOT take it on the interstate but Kevin does. That little thing will fly - you gotta watch it. I still have the SRX-4 & that's my main car. We NEVER hardly EVER drive the V. makes me sad. Kevin hasn't had a stick since his Jeep in high school. (and it shows - haha). funny.

Comment

No way!!! I haven't watched NASCAR in years. Bill Elliott was our fav back in the day... & oh my! His son CHASE won Talladega! I thought it was alway May's first weekend....

Comment

Watched a YT video of a Pagani Huayra , a Hermes edition only one in the world, 7 Million dollars for this car!!! Wow is it awesome. the color, sound, etc... the wings!!!

Comment

Has anyone seen the Lykan Hypersport? Oh I'm in love with this thing. Course I don't have 3.1 million dollars - but a girl can dream. 780 hp, 0-60 in 2.8 top speed 239. That's great and all -- I just like the look! My current car has 640 hp, 0-60 in 3.8 and top speed 200. So .... minus the 2.9 million I think that I'm happy with my current car.... now that I think about it, yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X