Author who is new to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Author who is new to me

Have read a couple of books by Marla Madison, she writes murder mysteries, one of the main characters in both books is T. J. Peacock, a gutsy and cute (female) investigator. The book I'm reading now is called Trespass. I have trouble putting it down once I start, she writes really well.

Nice one Mo, i'll check it out
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

I'm now on Transfer Of Power - Vince Flynn. It's set in the White House and as I'm watching the West Wing on dvd, I will automatically imagine the President as being Jed Bartlet and other relative staff as who portrayed them in the series.

Comment

Throwing a light read series out there for anyone interested. Of course, Deanie (my personal librarian) turned me onto it. It doesn't have to be read in order but I think it works best that way. Joe R. Lansdale is the author and the books in order are Savage Season, Mucho Mojo, The Two-Bear Mambo, Bad Chili, Rumble Tumble, Captain Outrageous, Vanilla Ride, Devil Red, Hyenas, Dead Aim, Honky Tonk Samurai.

The series is about two best buddies Hap Collins and Leonard Pines. Hap is a white good ’ol boy who, after a number of careers discovers that what he’s best at is kicking ass. Leonard Pines is black, conservative, gay, and a Vietnam vet. They have a really funny repartee to go along with the kick ass that I love. The most recent book has me laughing out loud a few times.

Comment

Having a go at non-fiction with Erik Larson's The Garden of Beasts about the appointment of William Dodd as Ambassador to Germany just at the start of all of Hitler's nonsense. He was a man who just wanted a quiet government position so that he could continue to write his book, The Rise and Fall of the South. Am not too far into it yet but I'll bet he got a big surprise. He got the job almost by default.

Comment

Working...
          X