No announcement yet.

Freedom of speech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen any signs that rioting has accomplished anything. When it turns ugly it causes senseless acts of destruction and theft of property. Those who do that are out for themselves; to steal and destroy....Or like the black man, last night, who shot into the crowd and either killed or wounded another black man. Really helped the cause there. Not.

I can understand being frustrated. There have been a rash of police shootings/killings recently. Some of them seemed flat unjustifiable and others that could have been handled in a different way.

To start, those planning to have a career in law enforcement need to be tested more thoroughly and trained much better for all kinds of situations.

"Suspects" who are stopped by the police and given commands ~ Need. To. Listen. And Obey. Simple, right? Nothing hard about it. Listen. Do. But some won't. Refusing and defying gets them in a world of hurt. Then when it goes bad they or their relatives say it's all the policeman's fault.

It's overwhelming. And thus far unchanging. I hope and pray it's not unchangeable.

Comment

Not going to change IMO. The rioting has nothing to do with what is, and has, actually happened. It is simply for those who are out for themselves as you said Deanie. They need to work on being more like MLK and less like Malcom X...being respectful, yet forceful and well-spoken will further the cause for equality moreso than violence and greed.

Comment

Agreed. And, off topic WHAT IS TIME THINKING!!!!! I'm sure that one of our Olympians deserve this more, or someone that has benefitted others, a heroic feat, SOMEONE OTHER THAN THIS JERK.

Comment

Freedom of speech?

Deanie you are so right. Ask ANY police officer (& I have) all anyone has to do when pulled over or questioned by a cop is FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THEY GIVE YOU. Let them do their jobs & fight it out in court! That's THEIR job.
          This NC case ? I heard 9 nine 9 times "drop the gun".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To correct myself it was 12 times that they said drop the gun

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Agreed. And, off topic WHAT IS TIME THINKING!!!!! I'm sure that one of our Olympians deserve this more, or someone that has benefitted others, a heroic feat, SOMEONE OTHER THAN THIS JERK.
              What's with Time?

Comment

I'd guess 4AMNTN means Time Magazine's Person of the Year. I think it went to Angela Merkel in 2015 but I've not heard who the 2016 winner is

Comment

Believe she was talking about the Oct 3rd cover. Magazine showed football player kneeling in protest while the National anthem played.

Comment

Deanie you are correct. My goodness he can't be seriously in the running for person of the year!!

Comment

I don't watch the news and generally don't read it either...I get all my news from facebook or when someone mentions something. Otherwise I'm pretty clueless...and most of the time I think I'm happier for it

Comment

Freedom of speech?

Ok here I go. The CMAs do not have an obligation to be the music genre "sweethearts" . Every music genre awards show deserves to be true to that particular type of music. It's not racist!!! People who like jazz may not like listening to punk rock YOU SEE? I for one do not believe Beyoncé had a need to be at the CMAs nor a few others. It's the night of honoring hard work in THAT field. (we are not invited to the BET awards nor do we want to!
                        They are separate & that's ok! Gee!
                        Who cares if someone or thousands are offended that we didn't want HER or the Dixie Chicks there it's OUR music. Period! no RACISM intended "it's just us" as we say in the south.

Comment

Just saw a clip of Beyonce at a Clinton rally and she really bounces around the stage, no idea what she was singing about and it's the first time I've heard her. I am not familiar with the current pop music although I see that Garth Brooks won an award at the CMA's - haven't heard him sing but he looks good in the pictures I've seen of him.

Comment

I didn't watch the CMAs...country is really no longer country. For some reason so many new 'artists' feel the need to do duets with rappers or rock artists...sometimes it works out, but mostly it doesn't. And like you said 4A....rappers aren't inviting Charlie Daniels to do a duet with them, so I'm not really sure why they're trying to cross the genre boundary. Glad I missed that nonsense!
                            Garth is awesome in concert, seen him 2x. And yeah he still looks good after all these years!

Comment

Meg are you going to record his Thursday night concert ? Here on Direct TV it's channel 238-9??? I saw him once & even tho I'm a hard rock fan his was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. I WANT TO SEE JASON ALDEAN!!!

Comment

No cable or dish so maybe my friend Pinky will...she's a huge Garth fan too. I went with her to his concert in Orlando last month. Was nice to take the time to go after Hurricane Matthew. I think I have his concert in Central Park on tape. And I remember his televised concert a few years ago right before he started touring. I figured he was doing the tv concert to get hype for his upcoming tour. So glad I've gotten to see him 2x!

Comment

Working...
                                X