No announcement yet.

Freedom of speech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan can you elaborate on the CA secession ?? help please? Is it mostly coastal counties? And what of sanctuary cities? Your opinion, please.

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      Dan can you elaborate on the CA secession ?? help please? Is it mostly coastal counties? And what of sanctuary cities? Your opinion, please.
      There's a city (Los Alamitos) here in Orange County that has voted to NOT be a part of the CA sanctuary state status implemented by our governor, Jerry Brown. There are a number of different movements seeking to gain ground here. There are several groups lobbying to divide the state in two along varying lines depending on the group. There are a number of cities that have declared themselves sanctuary cities that will not cooperate with some federal immigration and deportation requirements. Recently ICE (federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement) conducted a series of raids in Oakland, CA (yeah, the Raiders, that Oakland) to round up gang members who were here illegally and the mayor of Oakland sent out tweets and other social media communications that warned the immigrant communities of the raids taking place. Hundreds of people who were being targeted in the raids were able to make themselves scarce. I'm sure there were people on the list that didn't belong there, and it would've been a likely slow process to get that all sorted out if they were detained, but there were also people on the list who were violent illegal immigrant criminal gang members from gangs like MS-13, and Then you have Governor Brown declaring the whole state a sanctuary state, which makes me wonder (it's confusing to us CAnians too) why we have sanctuary cities if the whole state is a sanctuary state?

The areas that are the most sanctuary-prone are the areas with high immigrant populations, and yes, most of them are densely populated coastal regions like the San Francisco bay area, and the Los Angeles and San Diego areas. There are some inland areas too, but they aren't as large as those other three.

My opinion is CA has pretty much passed a point of no return in reversing the situation.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Thanks for the info Dan. It’s easy for us outsiders to ROLL OUR EYES at some of the liberal BS coming out of CA. I just don’t understand sanctuary cities & some of the things CA wants to do & pass. This still is the US of A right?
        Ok I’ll stop there[emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X