I'm Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back

My registration got messed up somehow, but Alan fixed me up and I can get back on! :-) (Thanks, Alan.) Hope everybody's having a good summer. Not much going on here--my agent's reading a book I just finished, so I'm a little stressed about that. It's weirder than the last one, so we'll see what she thinks. Fiona--a countdown from 30 minutes into your shift? Sounds like either you don't like your job, or you've read so much Lee Child that you see life in countdowns. ;-)

Originally posted by Katie View Post
    My registration got messed up somehow, but Alan fixed me up and I can get back on! :-) (Thanks, Alan.)

Glad we got you fixed up again
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Hi Katie, I hope your next book does well. The writing must keep you busy.

Comment

My registration got messed up somehow, but Alan fixed me up and I can get back on! :-) (Thanks, Alan.) Hope everybody's having a good summer. Not much going on here--my agent's reading a book I just finished, so I'm a little stressed about that. It's weirder than the last one, so we'll see what she thinks. Fiona--a countdown from 30 minutes into your shift? Sounds like either you don't like your job, or you've read so much Lee Child that you see life in countdowns. ;-)
        Or it's just one of those days...the one where you have no motivation & just want to be home reading! What's the new book about?

Comment

Good to see you here again, Katie!

Comment

It was more a time frame than a countdown, Katie, as it was night shift. I must admit I compartmentalise my days. Give myself little challenges and at work sometimes it IS a matter of looking at the clock for whatever reason. Other days fly by.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiona View Post
              It was more a time frame than a countdown, Katie, as it was night shift. I must admit I compartmentalise my days. Give myself little challenges and at work sometimes it IS a matter of looking at the clock for whatever reason. Other days fly by.
              Yeah this week for me has been a countdown...I'm so glad it's finally Friday!! I also compartmentalize my days...and I don't take work home with me anymore!

Comment

Oh, I didn't mean to start a new thread just about me being back. (blush) No wonder you people bounced me out. ;-)

Yes, Meg, you may be right about the just-want-to-read thing. And you don't take work home with you? (head scratch) I thought you were an emergency dispatcher. Did I miss a job change?

The new book is about parallel worlds and Hitler and inappropriate urination and a scorpion in a box. You know, the usual. (It's YA--young adult--but more than half of YA readers are adults.) I just today got the next one outlined--it's set in the north woods, which handily is where I live. I'm still stressing on my agent's reaction, though. :-/

Hi, Deanie! I hadn't seen you for a while (before I dropped off the registration list). Hope your weather isn't too wacky. I have a writer friend in Wimberely. :-(

I know what you mean, Fiona. When I have just-passing-time-jobs (or inservices at work, heh heh) I find myself calculating the percentage of time that's passed.

Comment

I'm still stressing on my agent's reaction, though. :-/
                  Does this mean you're waiting to get the reaction, or you've gotten it and it could've been better?
                  sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Yes, Meg, you may be right about the just-want-to-read thing. And you don't take work home with you? (head scratch) I thought you were an emergency dispatcher. Did I miss a job change?
                    New Chief, so there was a reorganization...I'm the admin assistant (fancy name for secretary!) for patrol. So no dealing directly on a day to day basis with stressful situations. Makes it much easier to leave work at work...except for when they call me cause they forget their schedules

Comment

Ha, Meg! Sorry I missed that--but congratulations. Sounds like a good move in terms of general enjoyment of life.

Dan, I haven't gotten any feedback yet, but the editor who's already bought said book, without the slightest hint of what it's about (gulp), asked about it a couple days ago. My agent said she'd hurry up and read. So...heh heh.

But I've got a cover for the first one (LEARNING TO SWEAR IN AMERICA). I'll share when I can. Hope you're getting a chance to write.

Comment

Meg … dealing with a mostly male workplace, it's gonna happen! (no offense to OUR guys) :")

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                          Meg … dealing with a mostly male workplace, it's gonna happen! (no offense to OUR guys) :")
                          Yeah, I kinda feel like their mother at times...in fact one of the guys calls me Ma (and he's older than me!!)

Comment

I was gonna say Meg! Ur young!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He's at least 15 years older than me!

Comment

Working...
                              X