No announcement yet.

Recently Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing in on the end of A Dance With Dragons - Book 5 from the Game of Thrones series. Don't know how GRRM keeps all these plot lines straight. Maybe he doesn't - who can tell?
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

New to me authors I have discovered over the last few months:

Carolyn Arnold
      Mike Arundel
      David Bishop
      Josie Brown
      Mike Faricy
      Eva Hudson
      Rick Mofina

All are police/mystery/thriller type.

Comment

Rick Mofina is the only one I recognize, YB. I'll have to check the others out. I'm always looking for good, new authors. It's not that I don't have enough good, familiar authors to read.....It's the thrill of the hunt; to be entertained with a new voice, a new protagonist, a new adventure brought to life in a little different and exciting way.

Comment

Tom Barber is another I forgot to list.

All these authors have come to me "free" (see Bookbub thread elsewhere).

I'd say David Bishop and Mike Faricy were the best ones of that bunch.

Comment

I've read Mofina and quite like his writing, have made a note of Bishop and Faricy. I seem to be accumulating quite a bunch of books on Kindle - I try to buy ones which are at a good price, I leave the bestsellers until the price comes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
              .....It's the thrill of the hunt; to be entertained with a new voice, a new protagonist, a new adventure brought to life in a little different and exciting way.
              and to boldly go where no man has gone before...

This post needed some music to go along with it!

Comment

Comment

Finally finished A Dance With Dragons, Book 5 in the Game of Thrones series. All's I have to do now is wait for Book 6. Hopefully GRRM will finish it before one of of us croaks.
                  sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Have just started on a Harlan Coben book, Fool Me Once, looks like it's going to be a good mystery, I've read other books by him and some had the same character but this is a standalone, at least I think he had some with the same character, memory plays tricks. Would recommend Harlan Coben to anyone who hasn't read any of his books, he writes well.

Comment

I have read most if not all of Harlan Coben's books. I prefer the ones with Myron & Win rather than the standalones but only just. Hope to have the new Myron & win soon, first one for several years

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
                        Have just started on a Harlan Coben book, Fool Me Once, looks like it's going to be a good mystery, I've read other books by him and some had the same character but this is a standalone, at least I think he had some with the same character, memory plays tricks. Would recommend Harlan Coben to anyone who hasn't read any of his books, he writes well.
                        I haven't read many of his books, but he is a really good author. Saw him in Vero Beach and he's funny too...and tall!

Comment

Tall is good!

Comment

Style, make a note. "Flee (CodeName Chandler)," "Spree," and "Three" by J.A. Konrath & Ann Voss Peterson. If you have a Kindle and Kindle Unlimited the books are free.

I think you would like these ladies. There are three; Chandler, Fleming, and Hammett. They are beyond kick-a##.

Comment

Just finished Thomas Perry's "The Bomb Maker,"which I enjoyed. This author writes a series which I don't read, but I do read all of his standalones. He is a very good writer!!

Comment

Just read a book by Sharon Bolton, English mystery writer, she writes really well, this one was called Awakening, and I was a bit reluctant to continue to read it as it was about a man who brought exotic snakes into an English village, it verged on the horror, the story was well plotted but left me uneasy, I had another one of her books ready to go and decided to give it a miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X