No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grant County series is "kinda" a PREQUEL - It's Sara Linton & Jeffrey - Lena is it in too. That's what I started with years ago. Then Will THEN they overlapped! Y'all DAN, didn't know there was an 11. Will purchase it right away! Thanks for the update - first book in awhile.

Comment

• Dan: tell me what you think about the series -- did u read The Grant County series? Will, bless it - doubts himself all the time with the company he keeps. Not Faith or Sara - but everyone else seems to not give him enough credit. How 'bout Amanda - she's a hoot!

Comment

• Alex Michael - The Silent Patient. New author to me - good twist at the end

Steve Cavanagh - Twisted. OK

Linwood Barclay -Take your breath away. I liked it. This author has been mentioned on here in the past, I think I read one of his a few years ago

Mark Billingham - The Last Dance. Mark's books are always good, this is the first in a new series

Robert Goddard - The Fine Art Of Uncanny Prediction. I usually like this author but couldn't get into this one. The main problem was that it was set in Japan, lots of characters with Japanese names and I found myself constantly turning back to work out who was who. Abandoned after about 50 pages

Ann Cleeves - The Raging Storm. Latest in the Matthew Venn series set in the south west of England. Police procedural, at which this author is very good

Bob Dylan biography. Can't remember the Author's name. Apparantly there have been numerous biogs about Bob. This one covered his early life up until his motorcycle crash in 1966. That is my favourite time for BD songs

Mark Billingham - Cut Off. A short story, loved it

Linda Coles - Where There's a Will. A bit different to the norm but good

Comment

• YB. Thx so much! I love reading lists - don't know them, I'll look into it.
          FOUND my charger for my Kindle -- Reading Will Trent #11 - was on chapter 8 before I knew it! Read until midnight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            Dan: tell me what you think about the series -- did u read The Grant County series? Will, bless it - doubts himself all the time with the company he keeps. Not Faith or Sara - but everyone else seems to not give him enough credit. How 'bout Amanda - she's a hoot!
            For a while each book almost felt like a reset in the beginning with Will and/or Sara questioning each other's feelings. That got old. Same with how scared of Amanda everybody seems to be, but she always has their back in the long run. And so much sweat! Everybody always sweats. Then again, it IS the South. And I don't know about the rest of the country, but Atlanta must have something in the water to crank out so many women-torturing, rapist serial killers. But I like the series overall.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Do you see now why I have such a "thing" about the TV series "Will Trent".

Comment

• Spoiler alert Spoiler Alert Will Trent #11
                Dan- 1st thing: wasn't Adam Humphrey the name of the college student the mom killed in the book where Trent & Faith got hooked up???
                Also ::: who is “A” in the Rape Club — (Aiden)??????????? And where did Aiden -come from & this PTSD Faith has ? Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did I miss a book?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                    Did I miss a book?
                    You might've missed a book! I don't remember if Adam Humphrey was from an earlier-on book or not.
                    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• No Hiding Place - MA Comley

Animal Farm - George Orwell

1984 - George Orwell

I have heard of the two George Orwell's pretty much all my life but have only just had a read. What did I think? Well I'm glad I have read them. Of the two I preferred Animal Farm. Some people will say that the idea of Animals taking over a farm is fantasy, well OK it is but there is a moral in there. The pigs were in charge so they were much better off but the other animals, cows, sheep etc had to work just as hard and weren't fed any better than before.

1984 gets bogged down in detail a couple of times. Given that bit was written in the 1940's it is amazing how some of the things did/have come true, not exactly but the principles.

If you haven't read them give them a go
                      Last edited by YB; 20-10-2023, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• YB. I have read them both - but in high school.... I barely remember them. And to be honest I may have just read the Cliff Notes ... Romeo & Juliet Grapes of Wrath, Count of Monte Cristo The Great Santini ... we either SAW the movie or had to read .. Beowulf, Jabberwocky ...

Comment

• Although the books were around when I weas at school I don't remember them from then. Our compulsory reading was more likely to be Shakespeare or Dickens

Comment

• Disappointed!! Well that's an understatement. My latest read is I remember You by Brian Freeman. I have been a fan of and have been reading Brian's books for years, particularly the Jonny Stride series with Serena and Maggie.

However this latest one - I persevered until almost half way, I thought it was a bit odd. The main character, was she imagining things, was she dreaming, did the things really happen. It turns out that a medic had stored his late wife's memory onto his phone and then implanted the info into the girl. Stuff like that is not for me

Comment

• Started into my Nick Clausen zombie epic of 9 books in one collection called Dead Meat.
                              Pretty realistic with no actual heroes as such, just as someone is getting through the day wham, they gone over 1400 pages for the 9 books, i'll probably lay it down to read another book soon, over 600 pages in too
                              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Oh. I liked reading the Stride series too.

Comment

Working...
                                X