No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have read Angela Marson, she writes well. Always enjoyed Mary Higgins Clark, read most of her books, but a while ago.

Comment

• I'm on the 12th in the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn, Pursuit Of Honor
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
        I'm on the 12th in the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn, Pursuit Of Honor
        Is this your first time through reading the Rapp series? I think those books are awesome that was a TBJ tip for me! Did you see the movie American assassin out a few years ago? I hope they make more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I really liked all the Mitch Rapp books, great writing, lots of excitement.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
            I really liked all the Mitch Rapp books, great writing, lots of excitement.

Comment

• Currently Reading

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Is this your first time through reading the Rapp series? I think those books are awesome that was a TBJ tip for me! Did you see the movie American assassin out a few years ago? I hope they make more.

Yep, first time, I don’t read books again.

Yes, I did see the film
              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                Disney pass????? Do tell.
                My annual pass. Basically, the Disneyland Resort has 4 levels of annual pass currently available. The highest one has zero blockout days, meaning you can go in and out at random on any day to either or both parks. The three other levels offer varying degrees of access depending on how much you want to spend. Historically, we've had passes since they were first offered back in 1984 (according to Disney's official records, I've visited one park or the other--the original Disneyland, or Disney's California Adventure--a total of 504 times since 1984), because from leaving our house to parking at the resort, we live 15 minutes away IF you go late at night rather than during the day or early evening when it is very crowded. Everything takes longer then, and getting from the parking areas into the park takes longer than getting from our house TO the park.

I hate the crowds and lines so I typically go after the shows, the parades and the fireworks are over and most people have left or are leaving, which means staying up pretty late (Disneyland closes at midnight during the summer and on weekends/holidays, but they don't kick you off Main Street until 1:00am). Occasionally we don't renew, especially now that the passes are very expensive if you don't want to be blocked out for days, weeks, or even months at a time from the two parks that are the main draw at the Disneyland Resort.

I ended up renewing my pass again (not at the highest level) to be able to spend more time with my grownup daughter who (being raised with annual passes) enjoys going late also. My wife hasn't renewed her pass for a couple of years now since knee problems have cut way down on anything that involved much walking.
                sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Glad you renewed Dan, couldn't imagine you not being able to keep us up to date on FB with neat late night pics.

Comment

• Harm None - Will North. Abandoned 100 pages in. Too much supernatural and witches for me
                    Old Haunts - Susan Hill. Short story in the Simon Serrailler series. Goes back tio when he was a young Rookie policeman. Good
                    Gone the Next - Ben Rehder. New author to me. Good without being brilliant
                    All that's Dead - Stuart MacBride. The new one in the Logan Macrae series. Very good, as long as you don't mine a lot of swearing and gory details of the murder scenes.

Next up is the new one in the London Detective Tom Thorne series. Their Little Secret by Mark Billingham. I like this series

Comment

• Haven't read a Danielle Steele's book in years and just had a look on Amazon to see what she was writing these days. Got Accidental Heroes and it's proving to be a great read. Starts with a woman who is one of the people who check carry-on bags etc. at the airport. She happens to spot a postcard of the Golden Gate Bridge thrown in the garbage. There are two flights taking off from New York destination San Francisco. She gets a 'spidey' feeling about the printing on the card - one word is underlined heavily and it causes her to pick it up and speak to her supervisor about it. The supervisor, who doesn't like this woman who happens to be smarter than her, pooh poohs her concern and says just throw it away. The first woman is not satisfied and still has the weird feeling that there is something wrong with the person who wrote the message. She phones Homeland Security and the story takes off from there, most everyone who sees the card gets the same feeling that there is something wrong and the two flights are about halfway to their destination. An edge of the seat story.......

Comment

• Dan : in "what are you doing....

Comment

• Wow sounds good Mo. i’ve never read any Danielle steel though I’ve seen it for years
                          YB ur last two series - I’ll look into!

Comment

• re reading/listening to the Stephanie Plum series... on Hard Eight.

Comment

• Staying off reading for a while, eyes get tired. taking a rest.

Comment

• Currently Reading

Mo have you tried to go to YT & look up a book to LISTEN to?

Comment

Working...
                                X