X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now onto the 11th in the Roy Grace series by Peter James, You Are Dead
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Roy Grace is definitely one of my favourites. There is a new one due out soon

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
        Roy Grace is definitely one of my favourites. There is a new one due out soon
        Good news
        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• I like Roy Grace too - have just started a new police book, action takes places in West Uist in the Hebrides and it's great to read about places I'm not liable to ever visit - to read about the crofters, the tweed they do on their looms, the wild life etc. plus they have bad 'uns arrive and cause havoc, the stealing of Golden Eagle eggs which is unlawful. I even learned what machair was, some sort of meadow grass and some of the enterprising inhabitants created a golf course, the sheep keep the greens nibbled down and the rest of the wildlife keeps the fairways in good shape (I think). Am rambling, obviously time to go to bed. Hope you're enjoying being back home Gis, it's handy with the Internet, it's as if you never left!

Comment

• My recent reads

Celina Grace - Snarl. Kate Redman series. I have read previous books in this series, I like them

Will North - Too clever by half. New author to me, it was good.

Bruce Beckham - Murder on the lake. Also new to me. Readable but not top notch.

Rick Mofina - Be mine. Always like this man's stories. Slow starter but worth persevering.

Jinx Schwarz - Just pardon my French. Abandoned about one third in - not going anywhere

Robert Goddard - Panic room. Excellent, one of my best reads in 2018.

Alex Gray - Only the dead can tell. Latest in the William Lorimer series, set in Glasgow. i have read all this series and this is as good as ever.

Comment

• Currently reading Blackfish City by Sam Miller. I'm slowly reading it but I like the setting. It's told from multiple points of views which gets annoying.

Just finished Mythology by Edith Hamilton. Reading Circe made me want to read more mythology. Mythology had bits of the Iliad and The Odyssey, which I now want to read.

Currently listening to Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. It's a novel about philosophy that I never finished in highschool.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Reading 'Open Season' by CJ Box which is the 1st in the series. Up next is 'Savage Run' also by CJ Box. Figure I'll start at the beginning even though I've read 'Breaking Point' already and that was the one that got me interested in Joe Pickett.

Comment

• Just finished Be Mine by Rick Mofina, enjoyed it, kept the suspense going all the way through.

Comment

• Just started a book by one of my very favourite authors, Brian Freeman. It's a Jonathon Stride book, Alter Ego. Takes place on the cold shores of Lake Superior during winter. Is really good so far but I decided to put it down and go to bed. Anne, who does my cleaning, comes tomorrow and I have to do my pre-cleaning and tidying before she gets here.

I had the wrong lake down before, had Lake Erie.
                    Last edited by momckee; 02-05-2018, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• I read the Rick Mofina book a few weeks ago, i liked it.

I am also a Brian Freeman / Jonny Stride fan./ the one you mention, Mo, must be a new one - it's not at my library yet, not even ordered by them.

Comment

• OOOHH! I like Freeman too, Johnathan Stride. I'm gonna check Amazon for it! Thanks! Mo!

Comment

• Finished Open Season and Savage Run by CJ Box...will be making my way through that series.
                          Still working on "The Search for God and Guinness" and hope to be done by next week.

Comment

• I have been so bad. Since my facial pain as I've said I haven't read much I've been listening. I do want to get back to reading ... I miss it.

Comment

• I've been reading Charlie Gallagher's books not realizing that there were four of them that were sequential, really enjoy reading them, great suspense, skipped the third and went straight to the last one, just downloaded it now. Will have to put that one off until tomorrow, too near bedtime.

Comment

• started John Sandford's latest PREY

Comment

Working...
                                X