No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep The Wanted ... 6-7 chapters in I think. Also received an Email from Amazon for FREE 5-6 chapters from Brad Meltzer's new The Escape Artist out next month. A new character too.

Comment

• About to start The Escape Artist by Brad Meltzer. I've stayed away from any detail on this book because it's a new person he's writing about. My favorite is Beecher White, I didn't care for has last "female" lead. But when I saw the interview with SM on TV Monday .... who this sounds like it's going to be good.!!!

Comment

• Oh this book is already awesome!!!

Comment

• Currently reading, Orange Mint and Honey. It's about a tense mother/daughter relationship and forgiveness. I started reading it as read harder challenge, but I don't think it really fits the requirement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Finished "The Masterpiece" by Francine Rivers for book club....great book!
            Now reading "The Forgotten Soldier" by Brad Taylor. First book of his I've read. He was in Vero not too long ago so I got this one autographed.

Comment

• The weather has been poor, snow and cold winds so I have done lots of reading

His first his second by A D Davies. New author to me. Detective Alicia Friend, doesn't always follow the rules and gets into to awkward situations. I like it

Bad sons - Oliver Tidy. I have read a few by this author previously, all good and this one no exception.

Good Bait - John Harvey. As recommended by Mo, I liked it

Cold in hand - John Harvey. See above, thanks, Mo

Aunty Bessie assumes - Diana Xarris. Light-hearted, if a double murder can be described as such. Aunty Bessie is a sort of modern day Miss Marple

Made a killing - Zach Abrams. Police procedural set in Glasgow. Good

Finders Keepers - Sam Sisavath. The main character is a sort of female Reacher

The child taker
              - Conrad Jones. Although police are part of the story the book concentrates on the bad guys side of the story

Slow Burn - Conrad Jones. Two stories in one book, see above

I have also read a couple by local (to me) author Geoff Lee. These are a humorous look at local life in the 60's, work in factories and industries that no longer exist, leisure time etc. THere are two more in the series, just waiting for them to be returned to the library

Comment

• YB - Have made a note of a couple of the authors I haven't read - will look out for them. Thanks

Comment

• Joe R. Lansdale has a new Hap & Leonard out, Style; "Jack Rabbit Smile."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                    Joe R. Lansdale has a new Hap & Leonard out, Style; "Jack Rabbit Smile."
                    Thx Deanie!

Comment

• Finished reading A Higher Loyalty, lots of people have lots to say about the book and then admit they haven't read it. It's not sensationalism, and the first section of the book is about James Comey's early years, what lead him to law and the FBI, the small mentions of Trump's appearance take up less than a paragraph or two and don't have anything in them that others haven't remarked on or thought about. His main problem with Trump was that the man wanted a 'yes' man as FBI director and his attitude worried Comey as the FBI is a separate entity and not part of the White House. Interesting reading but not earth shaking.

Comment

• :"). Mo.
                        I've gotten lazy about reading my Kindle. I read lying down, Right side. So since that side of my face & ear & eye has hurt for so long; I just didn't do it. But, now had that tooth extracted, CT scan that diagnosed TMJ, an ENT that diagnosed TN ( Trigeminal Nueralgia ) and I'm on medication for that - but the most important thing I think is just TIME.
                        SO, it's TIME to get back into reading.
                        The Wanted by Crais
                        The Escape Artist by Meltzer
                        Deep Freeze by Sanford
                        The First family by Palmer
                        The Cutting Edge by Deavers

Comment

• You're having a rough time 4A - hope things turn around for you soon.

Comment

• [emoji848]As long as I don’t eat anything crunchy-or chew gum I’m pretty good. Thx![emoji1303]🤞🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Currently reading We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. I'm not very far in it by I like it even though I'm not a huge mystery fan.

Also listening to Alice's Adventures read by Christopher Plummer. Listening him read my favorite book is something I never knew I needed in my life.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• OH! His voice would be good to listen to for a book

Comment

Working...
                                X