No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like a long list, I've not commented on this topic since November!

RC Bridgestock - When a killer strikes. Detective called Jack Dylan, set in my area, north of England. The latest in the series, I have read all the previous ones. Very Good
    Daniel/Sean Campbell - 10 guilty men. My second by this duo, whilst not a ten out of ten it is a decent read
    Lisa Cutts- Mercy killing. New author to me, OK
    Darryl Donaghue - Death's priveledge. Another new author to me, quite good
    Roberta Kray - Broken home. New to me author, average
    Marnie Richards - Born Bad. New to me author, slightly above average
    Lee Child - Midnight line. Commented on in its own section
    Frances Evesham - Murder at the lighthouse. Lighthearted (if that can be said about a murder) but quite good
    Alison Golden - The case of the fallen hero. Comment as above although an extra point as it is set in my favourite holiday destination, Jersey
    Ed James - Worth killing for. I have read several books by this author before featuring a detective called Scott Cullen and set in Scotland, Edinburgh/Dundee area but the author has moved on to a new series about a London detective named Simon Fenchurch. I shall be seeking out more in this series
    Emma Jameson - Black and Blue. Not for me, abandoned 25% of the way in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
      Started the Mark Dawson series with the first book - The Cleaner
      I enjoyed the John Milton series.

Comment

• Finally got the large print edition of The Midnight Line from the library...and I'm flying through it. Hopefully I'll be finished before I have to come to work on Monday!

Comment

• YB - I've been reading a couple of John Harvey's books, not his Charlie Resnick series but Will Grayson and Helen Walker and find them great, really well plotted and good characters. Just finished Far Cry. Have you read his books?

Comment

• I have not read John Harvey, Mo. Thanks for the tip, my local library has two of his on the shelf and the others in town have some.

Comment

• Finished The Midnight Line. On to "The Black Dahlia"

Comment

• What was your opinion of Midnight Line, Meg?

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
                  What was your opinion of Midnight Line, Meg?
                  I enjoyed this one more than the last couple. Not sure I liked all the wondering about Michelle Chang...only went for a couple chapters but why did he care what she was having for dinner?
                  I liked the pace of the book and that I could really feel/tell how isolated it is in Wyoming. A sad storyline though imo...about the state of the VA, drug addiction, family dynamics.

Comment

• Agreed Meg. Maybe she’ll be in a later book???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hmm...that's a thought.

Reading 'True to You' for book club this month...typical chick lit type book.

Comment

• I guess the few months I spent listening to books rather than reading them has gotten me spoiled. I just can't get into it right now & I have several to read

Comment

• Reading WWII naval fiction by Douglas Reeman, Saracen. I've read just about all of his books, they are so well written and so interesting. I thnk I must have been a sailor in a past life.

Comment

• The Wanted - Robert Crais

Comment

• Originally posted by Style View Post
                              The Wanted - Robert Crais
                              That one is up next for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
                                That one is up next for me.
                                Finished The Wanted this weekend...as usual Crais does not disappoint.
                                Reading Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult now

Comment

Working...
                                X