No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked that series of books & got most of them for free. They can be kinda graphic & I wouldn't have my mom read them because she's pretty squeamish about that stuff.

Comment

• I liked the Jack Daniels series also, Meg.

Another series I like is by Ace Atkins, featuring Quinn Colson. I'm now reading the newest "The Innocents."

Comment

• Currently Reading

Yep I think they're very graphic. The author stated people were writing telling him their thoughts on that very thing & he said " it's ur imagination that brings u to that conclusion ". I'm not at all violent .
        Whaaaaaat. BS! But I like the series, so I'll finish this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Reading 'The Devil in the White City' for book club. Not sure if I'm going to like this one. A lot of info about the architecture and the lead up to the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. Wondering when it's going to get to the serial killer that was in that city at the time.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm reading the second book in Donna Ball's Dogleg Island Mystery series, The Sound Of Running Horses. This series features Aggie Malone, police chief of Dogleg Island, Deputy Sheriff Ryan Grady, and Flash, their precocious and uncannily perceptive border collie.
              Book #1 is Flash.
              I thoroughly enjoy mysteries with humans and dogs if the stories are well written and Donna Ball's are.

Comment

• Currently reading THE LAST STAND by Nathaniel Philbrick (also wrote THE HEART OF THE SEA on which the movie was based). It's about the Little Bighorn massacre of Custer and his five battalions by the Sioux and Cheyenne. I was at the battlefield recently for the first time and wanted to read this book while it was all still fresh in my mind. I've read bunches of other books (fiction and non) about the battle so there's not a lot of new ground being covered, but I'm enjoying it nevertheless.
                sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• It's been about 12 years since I've been to Little Bighorn. Haven't read anything about it.

Comment

• In Cold Blood - Mark Dawson (Beatrix Rose = protagonist)

Comment

• Style, FYI, a new Tom Wood's 8/2/16 - "A Time To Die" and a new Mark Dawson 8/23/16 - "The Asset: Act 11"

Oh, wait. You're reading the first book in the Beatrix Rose series. "The Asset" is the second book in her daughter's (Isabella Rose) series. The first is "The Angel: Act 1." You probably don't want to read them until you finish the Beatrix Rose series. That is - if you're liking it well enough to continue.

Okay, Mark Dawson's latest John Milton came out 5/15/16 - "The Jungle."

There. Have I confused you enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                        Style, FYI, a new Tom Wood's 8/2/16 - "A Time To Die" and a new Mark Dawson 8/23/16 - "The Asset: Act 11"

Oh, wait. You're reading the first book in the Beatrix Rose series. "The Asset" is the second book in her daughter's (Isabella Rose) series. The first is "The Angel: Act 1." You probably don't want to read them until you finish the Beatrix Rose series. That is - if you're liking it well enough to continue.

Okay, Mark Dawson's latest John Milton came out 5/15/16 - "The Jungle."

There. Have I confused you enough?
                        Got it! I think. Thx.

Comment

• Finished "Italienska Skor" by Henning Mankell during my holiday on the Greek island of Cos. Followed by "Munsters Fall" by Hakan Nesser, also Swedish like Mankell.
                          Isn't that the best: reading on the beach? Now reading "The Ice Twins" by S.K. Tremayne.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
                            Finished "Italienska Skor" by Henning Mankell during my holiday on the Greek island of Cos. Followed by "Munsters Fall" by Hakan Nesser, also Swedish like Mankell.
                            Isn't that the best: reading on the beach? Now reading "The Ice Twins" by S.K. Tremayne.
                            I read "The Ice Twins" last year....it was different & just ok imo.

Comment

• Today a new Michael Bennett comes out! (James Patterson)

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                                Today a new Michael Bennett comes out! (James Patterson)
                                Nice
                                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Working...
                                X