No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started with The Sentinel. For the first time Jack Reacher with Lee and Andrew Child.
    I'm keeping an open mind...

Comment

• Hello Brouwer.

It seems quite a while since we saw you on here, glad you have not deserted us. Please stick around

Comment

• Hi Brouwer. How have you been? How hard has the virus hit the Netherlands?

Comment

• Hey Brower[emoji1309] — good to see u post[emoji985]. Hope u & urs are well[emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• wow - I enjoyed that Vince Flynn book! Starting on ....Midnight Sun - prolly will go back & forth since it's an easy read (Twilight- I know the story). Gonna actually START Clive Clussler The Titanic Secret next.

Comment

• Somehow I neglected to mention reading Craig Johnson's latest Longmire outing, NEXT TO LAST STAND. Excellent as always!
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Last long read was Louise Penny's All The Devils Are Here, had to keep my wits about me, she writes such involved plots with lots of characters that I occasionally had to flip back a page or two to figure out what was happening. Reading turn of the last century sagas, some o.k., most a bit iffy with the way women were treated in the not too distant past.

Comment

• Ohhhhh yes Mo. I kinda pull out my soapbox when I hear “people“ start to complain about ..... it was really bad. And in some cases not much better now. (oops-don’t get me started) [emoji4]

Comment

• reading the current Tempe Brennen book

Comment

• Actually re listening to The Shape of Night Tess Gerritsen — a stand alone.

Comment

• Amazingly it is four months since I posted in this section. For reasons unknown I don't seem to be reading as much as I once was, despite staying at home due to winter weather and Covid-19

Roy Lewis - a Lover too Many
                        Zach Abrahams - A Measure of Trouble
                        Erik Racker - Death Report
                        Neil Broadfoot - Falling Fast

The above four are all free kindle books - none were out of this world but all decent

Harlan Coben - The Boy From the Woods. Not one of his best in my opinion but still better than a lot I read. His next one is called "Win". I'm presuming it is about Myron's old mate - not a sporting victory.
                        Rennie Airth - The Decent Inn of Death. I really like this author and his John Madden series. I wish they would come around more frequently but the author is in his 80's so perhaps just enjoy while we can.

Daniel/Sean Campbell - Missing Persons. I read one by this duo a few years ago, good
                        Diane M Dickson - Burning Greed New author to me but I liked it
                        Lee Child - The Sentinel. Reported previously in the appropriate section.
                        Richard Osman - The Thursday Murder Club. Richard is a UK TV Quiz/Game Show Presenter. This is his first book. Police Procedural - with a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
                          Hello Brouwer.

It seems quite a while since we saw you on here, glad you have not deserted us. Please stick around
                          Hello everyone!
                          Yep, I'am still here. Like everyone else, staying in and still working as a city-counselor. Council meetings through Teams, Zoom, Jitsi etc etc. Not easy.
                          But he, can't complain (healthy, do a lot of running) but in the Netherlands we had a very slow start with the vaccinationprogram. So that is a huge disappointment :-(

Happy reading Grisham and Child (Camino Winds/Sentinel)!
                          Good to hear from you all! I'll stick around!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
                            Good to hear from you all! I'll stick around!
                            Great to hear! And good for you for making a difference in your local politics!
                            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Currently Reading

hey Brouwer!

Comment

• Nice to have you back Brouwer.

Comment

Working...
                                X