No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never been a massive Grisham fan. I've tried a few over the years but always found them a bit slow and "dry". A bit hard to explain but I know what I mean.

I finished Judas Horse by Lynda la Plante. OK , but not one of her best, I then went on to Before the Storm by Alex Grey. This is the latest in the William Lorimer series, set in Glasgow. Very Good!

I have recently started on Left you Dead by Peter James. This is the new one featuring Roy Grace, one of my all time favourite series.

Next up will be The Fine Art of Invisible Detection by Robert Goddard. I have no idea what its about, he comes up with all sorts of subjects, plots and characters and they are usually good. I will be collecting the new Alan Banks book by Peter Robinson from the library later in the week

Comment

• oh HA. love the "I know what I mean" ... that's great.

Comment

• Left You Dead - Peter James. Another excellent one in the Roy Grace series.

The Fine art of Visible Detection - Robert Goddard. Not one of best in my opinion. Moved around. Set partly in Japan, partly in England and partly in Iceland. The main problem being the unusual names of people and places which is not always easy to keep track of.

Not Dark Yet - Peter Robinson. The new one in the Alan Banks series. I liked this

Next up is Off Script by Graham Hurley. One of my favourite authors. This is the third book in the Enora Andersson series. It was first published last year but I missed it. The next one in the series is now out

Sorry, my bad spelling. The lady's name is Enora ANDRESSEN
        Last edited by YB; 27-06-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Sadly I'm not ... I read while lying down on my RIGHT side ... it aggravates my TN and TMJ ... just can't.

Comment

• Been reading through The Passage trilogy by Justin Cronin. Enjoying it a lot. I generally avoid vampire series. I read a couple of the early Anne Rice stories (Interview With A Vampire, etc.) and just never got interested enough in the genre to read more of hers or any of the other series by other authors. This one sucked me in though. It's more like the movie series Aliens than what you think of when somebody says "vampire stories" First one, The Passage, is 800+ pages. I'm on to the tecond one, titled The Twelve or something like that.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I'm into another Zombie fest with Tony Urban, on the 2nd book - Road Of The Damned
              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• I finished Off Script (by Graham Hurley) which was good so I got the next one in the series called Limelight. This was a kindle book from the library. The first time I've had a library kindle book. Only because they did not have the paper version. The downside is you can only keep them for two weeks (paper books are three) and at the end of the two weeks they disappear from your kindle - no warning they just go whether or not you have finished them. With a paper book if you haven't finished it by the due date you can keep it and then pay the appropriate fine. No one from the library come around in the middle of the night and take it

I then read Quiet Acts of Violence by Cath Staincliffe, it was good. I'm now on The Last Crossing by Brian McGilloway

Comment

• Finished The Passage trilogy. Wow, epic series. Haven't read anything quite like that since George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones series. Lots of characters, lots of plot lines, lots of pages, exquisite writing,.

Comment

• Wonder if that's a series on TV yet? or a movie?? Dan. My sister really enjoys the Game of Thrones stuff -

Comment

• Not that I'm aware of. I'd watch it!

Comment

• Onto Need You Dead - Peter James, 13th book in the Roy Grace series

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                          Onto Need You Dead - Peter James, 13th book in the Roy Grace series
                          One of my very favourite series. If you are reading them in order you have four more newer than that one. Lucky you

Comment

• So behind!
                            Ocean Prey ~~ Sandord - 4/21
                            The Maze. ~~. DeMille 6/21
                            The Bone Code. ~~. Reichs 7/21
                            Jungle Up. ~~. Pirog 4/21
                            Funeral for a Friend ~~. Freeman Sept. 22.21

Comment

• I've just started Brian Freeman's Funeral for a Friend. Got it from library

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
                                One of my very favourite series. If you are reading them in order you have four more newer than that one. Lucky you
                                Wow, i thought i had caught up with buying them up to 15

Comment

Working...
                                X