No announcement yet.

Currently Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes funny I remember the line your talking about - does he understand / just 1 more? We are huge movie quotes people!!! The No ha ... I’m not sure of the spelling or true meaning but Lillian raised hands for the Dog soldiers not to kill — the waichu I knew - doesn’t matter the color or sex or number it’s just something I’ve always said -ha!
    I’ll look into LL. Thanks for the info on series/characters.
    Again congratulations— this was a wonderful book. I’ll tell everyone I can. [emoji1309]
    Did u see my 1873? Had to look up the rifle McCreary used ... went to Fords Museum once & spent MY time taking pictures and reading in his guns & knife collection section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
      Did u see my 1873? Had to look up the rifle McCreary used ... went to Fords Museum once & spent MY time taking pictures and reading in his guns & knife collection section.
      I did see that! I used to have a Winchester 30-30 when I was still living with Mom & Dad. Got stolen when our house was burgled.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• It's a blue octagon traced to 1901 ... was bought by a guy to hunt antelope in Kansas ... in NEED to register it in Cody just haven't. What I'd like is a "matching" 1860 Henry yellow boy. Uberti I've read makes the most accurate one - but I want an old one. (duh)

Comment

• I'm reading A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman

I was told that Ove reminded him of me
          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Will have to look into that Gis!

Dan: this was in the "frontier section" at the Ford's Museum ... among many things - maybe you've been there with your son living in Flint. I was amazed! That knife-gun. gun-knife is awesome!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Will have to look into that Gis!

Dan: this was in the "frontier section" at the Ford's Museum ... among many things - maybe you've been there with your son living in Flint. I was amazed! That knife-gun. gun-knife is awesome!
              I have not been there! I'll have to put it on my list!

Comment

• I'm currently reading a book called A Man Called Ove by Frederik BAckman.

I was told to read it by one of my friends cause he reckoned Ove reminded him of me

Check it out to see what it's about

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
                  I'm currently reading a book called A Man Called Ove by Frederik BAckman.

I was told to read it by one of my friends cause he reckoned Ove reminded him of me

Check it out to see what it's about
                  So are you saying some people think you're a curmudgeon, Gismo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                    So are you saying some people think you're a curmudgeon, Gismo?
                    erm, well, ah, ahem, you see, lol, guilty

Comment

• I reported that I was reading the Lee Child biography "The Reacher Guy" a couple of weeks ago. Not finished it yet as I have broken off to read Find Them Dead by Peter James. The Roy Grace series, excellent as this series always are. Then I moved on to The Darkest Evening by Ann Cleeves. This is the latest in the "Vera" series and also very good. I haven't abandoned The Reacher Guy and will return to it eventually. It's just that my latest reads are from the library so want to finish them before I have to return them.

Also The Reacher guy is the kind of book you can leave and return to. Should be back on it soon, unless one of the other books I have ordered from the library becomes available.

Comment

• Thanks for the update. I wondered.

I am about to start Brian Freeman: Funeral for a Friend. Stanton & Bei. It's been a while ---

NYPD 6 12.15.20 Patterson
                        The Russian. 1.25.21 Patterson's Bennett
                        21st Birthday 5.3.21
                        John Sandford: Ocean Prey. 4.13.21

Nelson DeMille: The Maze 6.21
                        Nick Pirog Jungle Up 4.27.21

Comment

• I like Brian freeman. especially the Jonathan Stride series. Unfortunately our library don't seem to get his books any more

Comment

• Funeral for a Friend features Jonathan Stride. Good read.

Comment

• sorry Stride, Stanton oops. it's been awhile ... Victor Methos is Stanton --- is Bei with Stride? I swaneeeeeeee

Comment

• No Bei with Stride

Comment

Working...
                                X