No announcement yet.

TV: upcoming, watched or DVDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching The Queen's Gambit, great series about a female chess player, vewry entertaining
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Currently watching Safe. It's a repeat from 2018 but it passed me by then. I'm slightly confused - it's written by Harlan Coban but set in Manchester in the north of England, and the characters are played by UK actors. I cannot find details of a book by that name, nor have I read one with this storyline. Mr Coban's books are usually set in the US, New Jersey area.

Is this a story originally written and set in New Jersey and then an amended version made to show on UK TV? Is anyone familiar with it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
        I haven't watched the show, but I've read the series. Liked it a lot. From what I've seen of the commercials there are some significant differences (big shock, I know).
        Yeah I'm hoping to get those books from the library to see how much they changed it!

Comment

• YB: I love! the Myron/Win series. I was so sad to see them go. They were very entertaining! Summing up the series/relationship of those two is the line at the end of Fade Away ... "Can I help you with something? Win says " Yes, I think you can". HA. great!
          That's why when I went to NYC & did my Reacher video from the Dakota - I HAD to say "I'll go see if Win is home". haha

Comment

• Watched The Good Doctor last night - it's was the episode from November 6th ... the COVID episode - wow.... just cried & cried through it. We have 2 more & a few Bull's to watch Holiday Baking & Forged in Fire episodes waiting ....and of course I usually start watching Christmas movies & cartoons on Thanksgiving - but Im a little late.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
              Watched The Good Doctor last night - it's was the episode from November 6th ... the COVID episode - wow.... just cried & cried through it.
              That must've been rough. We watched that 2 parter also.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• We’re hooked on Building off the grid. They’re amazing what people can do —- and ... also what little people want/can live off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Santa brought me series 6 of "The Brothers". This was originally shown in the UK back in the 70's. It's a bit steady but I love it. Mrs YB is only a reluctant viewer

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Peter James book series about Roy Grace but there is a TV series due soon. Only four episodes to begin with but I'm really looking forward to this

Comment

• No YB never heard of it.
                    We do have a few series coming up this 2021. " Clarice" CBS Feb. 11. (Silence of the lambs character). Also "How'd they build that" Jan. 3rd Smithsonian Channel. I've been waiting for several years for the Nelson DeMille's character John Corey - it's supposed to be a tv series "soon". I even read that Aaron Eckhart would play John. And of course I'm waiting for the 3rd season of Jack Ryan on Amazon - they're good!.... and Jack Reacher, too.

Comment

And of course I'm waiting for the 3rd season of Jack Ryan on Amazon - they're good!.... and Jack Reacher, too.
                      Me too!!

Comment

• My sister & mom both suggested I start Longmire on Netflix & binge it! Anyone catch this? Funny, my mom started texting this Fall & now she Zoom's face times, she's starting an exercise class online & going to take a Spanish class...they never had a strong internet service & she's totally into fiber that's in the area. ha!

Comment

• Watching Histories Mysteries ... hey! The Rookie is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Peter James book series about Roy Grace but there is a TV series due soon. Only four episodes to begin with but I'm really looking forward to this
                            I’ve read most of the Roy Grace series, be good to see a tv series
                            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• The Roy Grace series has been talked about for years but the most recent mention was in November which stated that filming had commenced in September. Our TV mag the week before Christmas mentioned it in the "Coming Soon" section but as yet I have not been able to find a start date

Comment

My sister & mom both suggested I start Longmire on Netflix & binge it! Anyone catch this?
                                Watched all siz seasons of Longmire and liked it a lot. My quest (for last summer but now maybe this summer) is to go to the locations in New Mexico where his office is (Las Vegas NM)https://www.facebook.com/rockymounta...4334616310541/, and his cabin (Valles Caldera). https://fineartamerica.com/featured/...rdon-beck.html

The TV show is significantly different than the novels, which are all excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X