No announcement yet.

TV: upcoming, watched or DVDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chosen Season 2 kicked off on Easter Sunday. Love this show!
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I don't binge. My family does especially my sister in MI. They've given me suggestions. Mom says .... well I've forgotten OH! Longmire

Comment

• We don't binge watch either. Maybe very occasionally in winter if there's snow and we are going nowhere and no-one is coming to see us.

Generally speaking two to two and a half hours each evening is enough TV for me in a day

Comment

• Ha! I think you just described 2020. Ha!
          Now I can watch one of my favorite movies over and over nights in a row I’m talking ... but what gets me are commercials we have 6-8 maybe shows that we regularly watch but we don’t watch them when they’re on we record them so we can zoom through commercials.
          I am currently on a Raiders of the lost Ark kick ~~ this weekend finally after a year of being put off because of Covid 4 rescheduled dates ~~ we are going to the symphony to hear them perform the score to the movie (as it’s being shown) of Raiders of the lost Ark it is my absolute favorite! I’ve seen it 6-7-800 times? I have my Indiana Jones hat and I’m ready to go we have to drive two hours to get there!
          Have you heard of Hell on Wheels? It was on the A&E channel a few years back- 8 seasons maybe? It tells the story of the American railroad to the West & it was good! - a binge suggestion oh & of course The Sopranos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• We noticed The Rookie brought in a couple of cast members from Nathan Fillion's last show "Castle". One (Toks Olagundoye) is a recurring character and one (Molly Quinn who played his daughter Alexis in Castle) has been in one episode, don't know if she'll show up again, but she looks really different.

Comment

• We haven’t watched The Rookie all year. I had it set to record though I’m not sure when it started maybe October November but between my sister and my dad I had a lot going on I didn’t realize I had the DVD recorder set for only five episodes so we missed whatever came after that and I just deleted the first five so no we haven’t watched it maybe we can binge it this summer because I like that show.

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
                New series of Line of Duty just started in the UK. Previous series have all been very popular. Features a police unit called AC-12, the AC standing for Anti Corruption.

I suspect it is UK only
                Series finished yesterday. Was very good but let down somewhat by the ending. After six episodes full of action and intrigue this last one was not what we were expecting

Comment

Series finished yesterday. Was very good but let down somewhat by the ending. After six episodes full of action and intrigue this last one was not what we were expecting
                  And i'm watching the series from the beginning, i missed them while living in the USA so playing catch up
                  I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• I'll say nothing further then Gis, so as not to spoil for you. By from the beginning I presume you mean from around 2015 ish, when the baddie was Tony Gates?

Comment

I'll say nothing further then Gis, so as not to spoil for you. By from the beginning I presume you mean from around 2015 ish, when the baddie was Tony Gates?

Comment

• Episode 4 of Season 4 of The Chosen airs Tuesday night. Please indulge me for a moment. The way the production is being done in this show, a show about Jesus, is so different. It's not so much about Jesus as it is about how he affects the lives of the people around him. The show is from their perspective. First season they released the 1st four episodes all at once, then the next 4 episodes at a later date, for a total of 8 episodes, all completely crowd funded. "Crowd funded? How can it be of any kind of quality?" It's not a big production kind of show, so that helps. But the writing is very good, the direction is also very good and the production values are on par with those two things. The sets in the first season were somewhat lacking in scale, but you don't really notice. This season, Season 2, will also have 8 episodes, but there is such a clamor for more that they are releasing the episodes as soon as each one is finished. And the sets in Jerusalem and other cities have been upgraded, big time.

So Episode 1 was on Easter Sunday, episodes 2 and 3 were released on the same night. They had only announced E2 was airing (live stream events on each release, then after E2, they said guess what? We're going to air E3 right now. The ending to E3 was emotionally stunning, something I'd literally never considered when thinking about Jesus's ministry, this after decades of sitting through sermons and bible study. And Jesus is literally only in it for maybe two minutes right at the end. Episode 4 is supposedly their most ambitious yet. We're very excited to see what they've come up with.

The show is worth checking out even if you have no interest in "Christian" shows or movies. It's so different than anything that's been done before.

Okay, I'm done. At least until after E4.

Comment

• Thanks for all the information Dan. It's nice to hear someone share info on something they really liked! My sister is the Queen binger -- we'llBOTH look it up. I try to watch Biblical series - when it catches my attention. The Passion of the Christ I knew was going to be emotional so I took a wash rag - wash cloth instead of tissue. Yep - it came in handy.

Comment

• Wow! Gis... we just watched on the Smithsonian channel aerial Britain which did an hour on Scotland. I can’t believe how amazing it looked so many interesting and historical places we’ve never seen anything to make us immediately both want to visit it seems like a truly amazing place and I would love to visit.... if anybody out there gets a chance try to find it it’s the Smithsonian channels Ariel Britain: Scotland.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                              Wow! Gis... we just watched on the Smithsonian channel aerial Britain which did an hour on Scotland. I can’t believe how amazing it looked so many interesting and historical places we’ve never seen anything to make us immediately both want to visit it seems like a truly amazing place and I would love to visit.... if anybody out there gets a chance try to find it it’s the Smithsonian channels Ariel Britain: Scotland.

Yep, it's amazing what's on our own doorstep, i'm surrounded by amazing places and you can virtually reach everywhere very quickly

Comment

• Lots of people have lovely scenery/places near home but often don't appreciate them. Others from outside the area think that these places are wonferful

Comment

Working...
                                X