Facebook Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Connect

The more diligent of you will notice that i have enabled the Facebook Platform again, however, i think there is still a small problem with the publishing side of things, so, bear with me until i find a fix for this
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Update this has a work around and kinda works

Comment

Hey Gis, who is this Dot that's on everyday but never posts? -- just wondering

Comment

Facebook Connect

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
        Hey Gis, who is this Dot that's on everyday but never posts? -- just wondering
        Are you referring to the Bots?
        Just checked the member list, there is a user called Dot, no posts as such, must be lurking

Comment

Not? I guess she's here everyday - but she's never posted. Just wondering
          Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dot is a friend from England. She was on Lee's very first forum. She is our go-to-guy for any and everything pertaining to Reacher. She has a memory like none other when it comes to Jack and his adventures. She remembers stuff from the books that I didn't even pick up on when I read 'em the first time. She may not have posted on this forum, but she did on the previous TBJ...before it broke down.
            Thanks for finding us again, Dot. It's nice to know you're still lurking. Hope you've been doing well.

Comment

Deanie! Thanks for the info! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Deanie,
                I'm still here. I didn't realise that I had been 'lurking'. I like it. Lurking is my new mode.
                I love reading everyone's posts, there are some interesting folk here and on the Facebook pages although I'm not much of a fan of Facebook, too manipulative and didactic. I think that's why Stuart has disappeared, he doesn't like FB.
                How are things with you Deanie?

Comment

I don't do Facebook so I probably miss out on "seeing" folks I'd recognize from TBJ and other forums. Stuart's good. We keep in touch.
                  Glad you're here, Dot. It lets me know you're still upright and kicking; so to speak. Same with me. Life is good then sometimes it isn't.
                  You're an interesting 'folk' also - so don't get too entrenched in lurking mode that you don't ever post. Ya hear?

Comment

Hi Dot: Do remember you from the original Lee Child forum. You'll smile when I tell you I went and looked up 'didatic' as I hadn't ever had cause to use it. Anyway, about FB, there are a lot of strange things on there, many of which have to be taken with a grain of salt, some outright unbelievable and perhaps might be intending to be manipulative, however, it can be entertaining and I love the pictures of cute animals. Any posts which show up on my timeline I really don't like I can ask that they be hidden. I joined to keep in touch with what my grandkids and son and dil were doing in Yellowknife.

I hadn't realized that Stuart had at one time been on Facebook, in fact, he had disappeared from a couple of forums I've been on. He is or was the Admin, I think, for the world literary one, can't remember the name now, but didn't stay on there too long, a bit too professorial for me.

Nice to hear from you, new Lee Child book will be out soon and maybe get your review on it?

Comment

Stuart was the one who turned me on to my favorite author, the late Vince Flynn. He guaranteed that I would like him...and, obviously, he was correct!

Of course, Deanie is the one who turned me on to all of the other authors that I have ever read! Hey Deanie - please say thanks to Stuart for me...

Comment

Style, I'll be more than happy to relay your thanks to Stuart......And I'm always eager to recommend a book I've enjoyed.

I seem to have better luck recommending books to you than I do basketball teams, don't I? Sorry about that. But we're not going to talk about it anymore. And don't anyone ask! Style gets upset when he thinks about money he has wagered away.

Comment

I FOUND YOU! I just got onto FB under my SIL's account & there y'all were! Didn't look any further than the names ... but found you. I'm just not a FB'er. But it was good to "see" y'all.

Comment

Well done 4A.

Comment

Mo, since I'm at "work" this computer shows your picture larger ... nice! I love to decorate for Christmas. We've got the idea for that down, but Thanksgiving is tougher ... off to Hobby Lobby this weekend for ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X