Upcoming Titles: what you're looking forward to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
    Our shutters are from the 60"s and the width isn't made anymore - huge let down. That's all we lack on the garage!
    I made shutters for our front windows but they're the simple plank type--no louvers. We never had shutters before that. They're just for looks. They don't really shut. They're non-shutting shutters. Don't try to say that 5 times fast.

Last edited by Dan M.; 21-07-2015, 06:48 PM.
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Looks very nice Dan, very neat and tidy and cozy looking although you probably don't bother about cozy as it never gets cold enough.

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
        Looks very nice Dan, very neat and tidy and cozy looking although you probably don't bother about cozy as it never gets cold enough.
        Ha ha, not your guyses kind of cold! I had the windows open on Saturday afternoon letting all the fresh rain air into the house and after a while my wife surprised both of us by realizing she was COLD. It was maybe in the low 70s, but it's been so stinking hot and muggy that it did feel cool-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
          Ha ha, not your guyses kind of cold! I had the windows open on Saturday afternoon letting all the fresh rain air into the house and after a while my wife surprised both of us by realizing she was COLD. It was maybe in the low 70s, but it's been so stinking hot and muggy that it did feel cool-ish.

Comment

Very nice home Dan. Tell the wife I like her flowers & wow! green grass woo-hoo! Ur bike too? Our shutter are metal & louvered 22or24 wide that's the prob. 80 L I don't think I've seen real live shutters in years
            Thanks for the pic[emoji106]🏻 oh & killer Palm tree[emoji267]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Without knowing anything. He says u can take up ur tile, grout...& re apply with silicone (like our pool) then re grout. Not all tile are the same density but since this is something new ( the dogs nail sounds) maybe this is something u can look into . Under ur wood floors ... More info needed.
              Hope this gives u an avenue.

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                Without knowing anything. He says u can take up ur tile, grout...& re apply with silicone (like our pool) then re grout. Not all tile are the same density but since this is something new ( the dogs nail sounds) maybe this is something u can look into . Under ur wood floors ... More info needed.
                Hope this gives u an avenue.
                Thanks, 4!

Comment

The Promise by Robert Crais is due out in November...more Elvis & Joe!! Along with Scott & Maggie

Comment

Originally posted by Meg View Post
                    The Promise by Robert Crais is due out in November...more Elvis & Joe!! Along with Scott & Maggie
                    Yes, back on topic! I'm really looking forward to this one as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                      Yes, back on topic! I'm really looking forward to this one as well!
                      The Promise, I can hardly wait!

Comment

Oooooh I really enjoyed the Maggie book!

Comment

Just finished rather than currently reading, The Murder Road by Stephen Booth, more mystery maybe than murder set in the Peak District, very dark atmosphere throughout the book, farms barely surviving, lots of mud, bleak weather, altogether a bit of a depressing read. I usually enjoy his books featuring the Cooper and Fry main characters but this one just didn't grab me. Probably more suited to English readers who live in or near the Peak District in England, lots of names of well-known places (to them).

Also just finished Operation Blind Spot by William Peter Grasso, a unit of US troops are tasked to land on a small island occupied by the Japanese and take over the lookout and broadcasting outpost on the island in preparation for McArthur's big push in the Pacific. In the unit are two Nisei (Japanese extraction US troops) taken along as interpreters to translate what the Japanese are broadcasting from the outpost. This leads to some problems in the unit but it is quickly solved. A good WWII fiction read with lots of cracks at McArthur as the Supreme Commander - sounds as though he was disliked by the fighting men.

Comment

Yesterday (Thursday) I received a text from my local bookshop to say that my reserved copy of Make me is available for collection Off to get it after work today. It's only 0815.

Comment

Woo-hoo Fiona!

Comment

Just started The Nature of the Beast by Louise Penny, great writer, an Inspector Gamache mystery. Louise Penny is a great writer. The Nature of the Beast is her latest novel.

Comment

Working...
                                X