Upcoming Titles: what you're looking forward to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Titles: what you're looking forward to

I've gone over the many authors I read & this is all I can find coming out this year.
    Tess Gerritsen: Playing with Fire: 10.27.15
    James Patterson: Alert : 8/3/15 CROSS Justice: 11/23/15
    Patricia Cornwell: Depraved Heart 10.27.15
    Iris Johansen: Shadow Pray: 9/25/15
    Kathy Reichs: Speaking in Bones: 7/21/15
    Janet Evanovich: tricky 22: 11/17/15
    JT Ellison: (When Shadows Fall) 8.14, What Lies Behind 5/15

Plus I have about 4 on my Kindle now to be read. I am still in the middle of Re-reading Lucas Davenport
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 16-07-2015, 07:38 PM.

I have the latest Brad Thor, Code of Conduct featuring Brad Horvath on my Kindle waiting to be read and also a hardback coming from the UK by Stephen Booth, his series featuring two detectives, Cooper and Fry, The Murder Road, set in The Peak district in England, also been reading now and again The Year of Reading Dangerously, a fairly humorous look at what and how we read by Andy Miller. I am not able to download Kindle books from the UK for some strange reason, they are only available to certain places, mostly around the UK.

At the moment I have a book by David O,Neil, (the apostrophe comes out as an e with an accent on it, same with the question mark.) It is a WWII naval story about a flotilla of Motor Gun Boats, MGB,s and just finished a book by Peter Robinson called Aftermath, a particularly grim and dark book about a couple who abduct young women. He features Inspector Banks in his books and they usually are not quite as dark.

Comment

Ur Andy Miller book sounds good. Thanks Mo, I'll look into it.[emoji432]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been looking forward to 'Go Set a Watchman' and 'Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat?'...both came out this week & I already have both of them from the library!! Can't believe I was one of the 1st on the wait list for BOTH books!

Comment

Oh, I like this subject...Looking forward to The Redeemers by Ace Atkins, Who Let The Dog Out by David Rosenfelt, Lessons from Tara by David Rosenfelt, Killing Secrets by Dianne Emley, Silent Creed by Alex Kava, and Badlands by C. J. Box. These will all be released during the remainder of July.

August releases I have already made note of.... Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews, Unleashed by Eileen Brady, Ways To Die In Glasgow by Jay Stringer, Contract To Kill by Andrew Peterson, Dead Soon Enough by Steph Cha, Close Quarters by Adrian Magson, and The Grid by Harry Hunsicker

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
            Oh, I like this subject...Looking forward to The Redeemers by Ace Atkins, Who Let The Dog Out by David Rosenfelt, Lessons from Tara by David Rosenfelt, Killing Secrets by Dianne Emley, Silent Creed by Alex Kava, and Badlands by C. J. Box. These will all be released during the remainder of July.

August releases I have already made note of.... Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews, Unleashed by Eileen Brady, Ways To Die In Glasgow by Jay Stringer, Contract To Kill by Andrew Peterson, Dead Soon Enough by Steph Cha, Close Quarters by Adrian Magson, and The Grid by Harry Hunsicker
            Hubby has just finished a Rosenfelt book, something about Tricks - he likes his writing.

Comment

I have to pull tiles and regrout in both of my bathrooms and I'm dreading it because I'm afraid what's under the tiles will need replacing and that is money we don't have at the time. And in the family room, you can hear new hollow places under some of the terra cotta floor tiles. That means something is going on with the floor slab in that lower part of the hose. Home ownership is just a big hole that you pour money into. If I was smart, I'd...

What? Oh!

Never mind.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                I have to pull tiles and regrout in both of my bathrooms and I'm dreading it because I'm afraid what's under the tiles will need replacing and that is money we don't have at the time. And in the family room, you can hear new hollow places under some of the terra cotta floor tiles. That means something is going on with the floor slab in that lower part of the hose. Home ownership is just a big hole that you pour money into. If I was smart, I'd...

What? Oh!

Never mind.
                Very funny!

Comment

Mo, I'm glad hubby likes David Rosenfelt's writing. I've throughly enjoyed his Andy Carpenter series.

Very funny, Dan...Not your tile problems. They're never funny.
                  But speaking of hose, which you did, I've found they're hot to wear in the summer time.

Comment

Am sure this thread should be Titles and not Tiles??
                    I changed it, let me know if i'm wrong
                    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Deanie View Post
                      But speaking of hose, which you did, I've found they're hot to wear in the summer time.
                      I was only talking about the lower part of the hose. Are both parts hot in the summer?

Comment

That would be a yes, Dan. Don't believe me - trying wearing a pr this summer.

Comment

Panty hose ? Lordy I've not worn those in years '05? Not much to dress up for & in the winter I just go for a suit. Summer=a tan
                          Dan I'm sure things r different there because of heat & moisture but is ur underlayment bad? Moisture in a house - under the floor is a BAD thing!

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                            Dan I'm sure things r different there because of heat & moisture but is ur underlayment bad? Moisture in a house - under the floor is a BAD thing!
                            I think in our master bath the underlayment is just too thin--it allows a very small amount of flex (we have a raised foundation with wood floors in most of the house) that over the years has caused the adhesive under the tiles and the grout between the tiles to break down. In our family room, which was an add-on by the previous owner, the slab must have cracks in it, because there are hollows under the tiles where there didn't used to be any. You can hear the differences when the dog's toenails are clicking around the room. Then in our other bathroom, there's a window (at face level in the shower) with a tiled sill. The sill has deteriorated over the years and the tile is separating from it ever so slightly. We don't use that shower more than a few times a year, and we avoid getting water on the sill when we do, so it hasn't been a priority (plus I'm afraid I'll have to retile the whole bathroom if the wall has framing that needs replacing. The tile is nearly 60 years old and isn't made anymore.).

Comment

I feel for ya Dan. I'll ask my husband if he has any thoughts. He's a floor guy.
                              Our shutters are from the 60"s and the width isn't made anymore - huge let down. That's all we lack on the garage !

Comment

Working...
                              X