House Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Cleaning

Wanted to have a bit of a whine in the Rant section but couldn't get to where I would post it so here it is, maybe Gis can slot it into its proper whine section. Today is the day my friend, who comes and does the cleaning I now find difficult due to various arthritis aches and pains, she does it for a living and vacuums like mad when she's here. Before she comes I do some pre-cleaning, things I know she won't tackle but are done if I have the commercial people do it as I did when she was off for two months last year. I can't ask her to do them without sounding like I'm nit picking and as she is a friend I don't want to offend her. I guess I've solved my own rant by just typing this out, just keep on doing what I do and be thankful she takes care of the big jobs. So just suck it up and get on with it! Amazing how dumb it sounds when in print.

Mo, thanks for sharing. And I hope it helped. Can u ask someone else to do those pre-cleaning things? Don't overlap the visits & maybe hire someone for the pre-cleaning things? Any daughters or DIl's around? High school person u know & like to help for running around money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah it's difficult when it's a friend...but I'm with 4A on this...see if there are any junior high or high schoolers who want a little extra spending $$ for a few chores.

Comment

Thanks 4A and Meg - no high schoolers in our area, will just keep on puttering myself or learn to ignore the itty bitty stuff. Just needed to have a mini rant where it won't do any harm. Thanks for being there.

Comment

Originally posted by momckee View Post
          Wanted to have a bit of a whine in the Rant section but couldn't get to where I would post it so here it is, maybe Gis can slot it into its proper whine section
          Moved it for you Mo, you can change the title header if you want, or let me know what you want it to be
          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Thanks Gis, I wanted to put it in the Rant section but didn't know how to get into it as there were no previous posts - could you put it in there as there maybe other folks who want to have a bit of a rant on other matters. Many thanks. Had a laugh at the post on FB about the London reconditioned water cannons being fixed up at a private location. What will they think of next.

Comment

Thanks Gis, I wanted to put it in the Rant section but didn't know how to get into it as there were no previous posts
              Mo, you simply click on the new thread to start a new topic, see attached image.
              It seems to be the way that all members resort to the old Creature forums by simply adding to an existing thread, our forum is structured such that a new thread should be created for each topic, makes it much easier to search later in the life of the forum.

Comment

Ok got it, thought if I clicked on new thread it would wipe out the rant section, so now I know it doesn't. So subsequent ranters will have to identify what they wish to rant about in the rant section before posting?

Comment

Ok got it, thought if I clicked on new thread it would wipe out the rant section, so now I know it doesn't. So subsequent ranters will have to identify what they wish to rant about in the rant section before posting?
                  Really it's whatever you want to do, but, for clarity it's far simpler to create your own thread, that way replies make sense rather than a reply appearing perhaps 5 posts down the list

Comment

Working...
                  X