No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuk we are full summer-ing! 88 temp but feels like is 101. Miserable [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Not as hot today, and a few drops of rain. Just hate the humid heat but it's part of summer.

Comment

• I agree Mo. It's sooo hot here! All the rain for this week has been downgraded to <30%. Had to water tomatoes last night! ugh!

Comment

• Hot and sunny again here. Hot in the north of England = 70-75 degrees. No rain for a fortnight, lots of brown grass about

Comment

• 85F by 10 a.m. ...it's brutal!!!

Comment

• Having a mild weekend! Mid 80's wind & low humidity! Our 4th was last night! Awesome - great food, fireworks & family. We were all treated to SKEET shooting which was fun. Introduced my parents to the "just watching you tube videos" phenomenon. ha-ha!
              Hope everyone had a peaceful & wonderful 4th.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Still warm but nice, have not done much today. This is how last night went for me around bedtime.

Getting ready for bed last night around 11m , Dave had gone to pick up Sheila from work, suddenly a power outage, dark everywhere on our block. I knew there was a candle on the table outside the bedroom door so fumbled my way to it, matches on tray, opened up match package, no matches! Inched my way downstairs to the kitchen table where I have a 'hold-all' cup with a tiny courtesy mini flashlight we got when we bought our current car, gave enough light to get to the Christmas candles stored under the tea wagon and the candle on the coffee table which had matches on it. What a frightening feeling being in total darkness by myself, no streetlights, no moonlight, but candles restored my equilibrium. Dave and Sheila arrived shortly after that and all was well, he lit the oil lamps so that we could see our way to bed like Wee Willie Winkie.

I don't know if I had told you that Sheila had a seizure at work, has not had one in 20 years, but brought on by stress of having to put down her 17 year old Westie, poor little chap was blind and deaf and very wobbly on his legs, also he stopped eating and that was when she made the decision. She seemed o.k. with it but he had been keeping her awake at night for several months needing to go outside so she was pretty close to being exhausted as well as trying to tell herself she was o.k. Now she won't be able to drive for a while and sees the neurologist in September. We all miss him, even our two other dogs were behaving differently for a couple of weeks once Tavi went. So her Dad is doing the dropping off and picking up and she is also walking a lot when she wants to shop locally. She had a big cut on her forehead and a black eye. She laughs when she says she made a big hole in the wall at work with her head. I have told her she can call a cab anytime she wants and I'll pick up the tab but she is being pretty independent.

I hadn't realized just how much you need your eyes to control your balance, I was definitely stumbling around like a newly blind person, it's a wonder I didn't fall down the stairs but I was being very careful, holding on tight to the handrails and my little flashlight provided just enough light for me to locate and light the candles.

Comment

• Finally got some much needed rain
                  I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• What a scary story Mo! I hate when the lights go out! I guess you've placed "lighting" upstairs now so that won't happen again -- going down the stairs in pitch dark. Was it the heat or a wreck - the weather that caused the lights to go out? Did the electric dept ever say?

Comment

• Horribly hot weather over the weekend. Broke all kinds of local records. 111F in our area on Friday, with Saturday and Sunday being somewhat "cooler". Been sleeping on the couch in the family room where it's cooler. Still hot and sticky but less so than the weekend.
                      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Don't know what caused the power outage, heard the big electrical repair truck drive by when I was in bed, checking to see how far the outage was. The rest of the crescent had lights, about 20 houses without power for about 1 1/2 hours. They never tell us what went wrong and we're always glad when the lights come back on, although Dave was wakened by the fan going on and got up and shut off the lights which were still on.

Hot and sticky today, very hard on the sinuses and head, a bit cooler now though.

Comment

• Our heatwave continues, but, getting a few showers through the night
                          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• oh my gosh! It's so humid & hot this WHOLE week. fells like temp are 100+

Comment

• What's your weather like?

Today is supposed to be our hottest most humid day of the year —oh gr8!
                              Mo I see y’all are having rain hopefully we’ll have some next week
                              Ur weather is so close to my sister up there in MI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by 4AMNTN; 14-07-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• YEA! Rained off & on all day, overcast & dark GREAT reading/sleeping weather. But of Course I had to play Sheriff to Simon & Sophie. But things ARE better. She's been ours for a full year now & she's getting better.

Comment

Working...
                                X