What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow deep. Thx for the info. I’m like Diane Keaton in Baby Boom
    I just want to turn on the faucet & have water I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHERE IT COMES
    FROM ——AHHHHH!!!!
    humor [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I guess climate change is affecting lots of places, saw where the polar bears are losing a lot of the ice floes where they fish from, the ice caps are melting, etc. and yet there are some folk in the present administration who refuse to believe that the climate is changing (but then maybe there are still folk around who think the earth is flat.) We humans are going to be the authors of our own demise by the way we treat our planet.

Comment

• We had snow overnight Monday and it has been 'topped up' a few times since. Temperatures in the low 20's so no sign of it departing yet. Very windy, what started as 2-3 inches evenly spread is now a foot in parts with other parts almost clear of snow but there is ice underneath.

Its about 6 years since we had snow like it, most years we have a couple of falls a year and whilst it causes chaos on the roads for a day it has usually all but disappeared by the following day.

The other thing that makes it unusual is it is now March, any lingering snow usually falls in January and by mid February we stop thinking about it. The sub zero temperatures are set to last until after the weekend and then on Monday we can look forward to 32 degrees!!

Comment

• sounds very pretty YB. It's gonna be beautiful the next 3 days. Low 60's & SUNNY!

Comment

• It might sound pretty, fours, but after 5 days we are definitely fed up of it

Comment

• Oh I’d love for it to snow FEET!!( measurable feet)⛄️❄️☃️
              Here we get ice-y conditions.
              But the worst is tornado [emoji946] season!!! And it’s starting 2 killed in the State already this season. They are so unpredictable and devastating [emoji946]

Comment

• Cold and sunny here today, our March 1st snowfall has mostly melted but it was a surprise.

Comment

• Beautiful day today! Our Bradford Pear are looking good.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                    Beautiful day today! Our Bradford Pear are looking good.
                    Beautiful! Is that your front drive, 4?
                    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Yes, when we moved in there was a narrow old black top drive with 8 Bradford Pear lining it. We had the drive dug up widen & installed in concrete & pea gravel added the entry, gate & fence along the front yard. We had to cut down the beautiful other trees BUT, they were too close together and encroaching on the Magnolia tree. (which everyone knows a Southern woman can't tolerate!ha) This is the 4th bloom & they look fuller every year. Thx!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                        Yes, when we moved in there was a narrow old black top drive with 8 Bradford Pear lining it. We had the drive dug up widen & installed in concrete & pea gravel added the entry, gate & fence along the front yard. We had to cut down the beautiful other trees BUT, they were too close together and encroaching on the Magnolia tree. (which everyone knows a Southern woman can't tolerate!ha) This is the 4th bloom & they look fuller every year. Thx!
                        Very nice! What's that tree trunk in the right edge of the picture? Is that an ash tree?
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• What's your weather like?

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                          Very nice! What's that tree trunk in the right edge of the picture? Is that an ash tree?
                          It’s the huge Oak tree I complain about when it gets tornado season. It’s ??? 15–ft from the MBR.
                          We have Oak, Hickory & Elm right up against the house. We don’t have any Ash. Huge trees tho. That Oak out front is one of 3 in a row. And we have 2 huge Elm trees in the front.
                          Remember the “mistletoe” comment?
                          I told Kevin we should put Triple Oak or Double Elm in the wrought iron gate.
                          We were VERY fortunate to come across this property—I’d been watching it as has everyone that’s passed thru this county since it was built. It’s setting is awesome!

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 07-03-2018, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Snow flurries???? What?!

Comment

• Some snow flakes today, not much, but cold, not Spring yet!

Comment

• Mo. Our everything Spring is out! I feel bad - it's getting into low 30's at night. AT our house: Buttercups, Bradford Pear, Cherry tree, Forsythias, Hawthornes ...I haven't seen the Redbuds ??? And our beloved Chipmunks are back! yea!

Comment

Working...
                                X