No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supposed to rain off & on for the next 3 days. we need it!

Sounds like fun Meg. We still have a Drive-Inn here too. One of only 3 left in the state? I think. Ah, saying I was going to the beach … must be nice. That'd be a 7 -10 hour drive for us :")

Comment

Yay, we got rain on Saturday AND Sunday this weekend! Saturday was a LOVELY day! The morning was heating up and the humidity was making it unpleasant, then some leftovers from Tropical Storm (formerly hurricane) Dolores moved over our area from down in the Gulf of California. It cooled things way down and we even had some thunder rumbling around. I opened all the windows and took a long nap on the sofa. It was heaven. We got more than six or eight hours of gentle, warm rain. We went to Downtown Disney when it was over and shared a peach Jamba Juice and people watched.

Yesterday sort of did the same thing, only later in the day, so it never really cooled off much, just rained. It was very humid. Sure glad we don't have that kind of humidity normally. Don't know how you East Coasters live through that. Yuck! But our lawn was withering from the drought and water rationing, so this will make a HUGE difference for a week or so.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Glad you finally got a significant amount of rain Dan, sounds like it was much enjoyed. We have that yuck humidity which pushes the temp up high nineties, some thunder and lightning yesterday which cooled the night off a bit but the humidity moved back in again today but the AC helps enormously.

Comment

With all that rain in the Southwest I heard there were flash floods! Any issues your way Dan?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
          supposed to rain off & on for the next 3 days. we need it!

Sounds like fun Meg. We still have a Drive-Inn here too. One of only 3 left in the state? I think. Ah, saying I was going to the beach … must be nice. That'd be a 7 -10 hour drive for us :")
          It was a lot of fun and something different to do!

Comment

Congrats Dan. Thought of u when I read about the CA rain.
            Our feels like temp is currently 106

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Meg View Post
              With all that rain in the Southwest I heard there were flash floods! Any issues your way Dan?
              Nope, just nice easy rain that soaked in where we live. Here's an interesting statistical tidbit from today's newspaper. The city where I work (Long Beach, which is less than ten miles west of where I live) received .54 inches of rain over the weekend. That is more rain than ALL of the Julys since 1987 COMBINED. Needless to say, we don't normally get much rain in July down here in the flatlands of Orange County.
              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

pouring rain!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cooler and sunny, wonderful!

Comment

At 7am it was 75 with a feel of 83...& 100% humidity. 12:30 and it's 85 with a feel of 99 & light rain. The humidity is what kills me, I can take the heat anytime.

Comment

Another hot day in Pensacola, just finished the yard work and it takes ages to cool down, i should have finished last night but the rain that should have arrived, didn't!

Another 90 degree day with high humidity
                      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

We're at 79 feels is 90. Humidity sux[emoji36][emoji31][emoji26]

Comment

Rain, rain...everyday!!

Comment

Hot and sticky but cools down a bit at night.

Comment

Hot! 91, feels like is 106[emoji295]️[emoji91][emoji274]

Comment

Thermostat outside our kitchen window is registering 100F - it's hot, hot, hot and I hate, hate, hate it. Thank heavens for the Air Con - I would be residing in the basement without it and it's not pleasant down there with the spiders etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X