No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had a typical warm spell over Christmas weekend. While the rest of the country was freezing, we had temps in the low 80s on Sat, Sun. and Mon. today is a transition day with rain moving in and unstable conditions for the next week and a half. If you watch the Rose Parade on Monday, you'll likely see a cloudy southern California, and possibly a very rare wet parade.
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Temp around 40 here in the north of England. Lots of rain though. And apparently we sti;; have a hosepipe ban!!

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
        And apparently we sti;; have a hosepipe ban!!
        I had to Google "hosepipe ban". We have watering restrictions here in Southern California and elsewhere too. Extreme drought in the southwestern US is at crisis level. We could really use some extreme rainfall and snowfall, even though they are also damaging. We desparately need the water, as does much of Europe it seems.

Comment

• Ha. Our weather has been warm - 60. & windy. Rain next week on & off. Weird how it's all different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well, I said in my last post how desparately we need water. We're getting water, lol. WOW, are we getting water! With more to come! We'll see what this does to put a dent in this historic drought in the Western US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
              Well, I said in my last post how desparately we need water. We're getting water, lol. WOW, are we getting water! With more to come! We'll see what this does to put a dent in this historic drought in the Western US.
              Nice one Dan, w could give you plenty, another day of on and off rainfall
              I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Yea Dan! I see that y'all are getting water…ha. Tho I'm glad — now the mud? We had a very nasty day yesterday… winds tornado watches - a little damage here where mom lives but not us. Hopefully no rain for the 2 hour drive home tonight.

Comment

• I'm seeing about CA weather out there Dan - u good?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                    I'm seeing about CA weather out there Dan - u good?
                    Yes, we're south of the worst stuff. Most of what we got blew through overnight Wednesday night/Thursday morning. By Thursday night it was all gone. I went to Disneyland Thursday night in fact because a lot of people had cancelled their reservations and made room for last minute guests to go. Today is sunny and mid-60s and I rode my motorcycle to work for the first time in a couple weeks.

Comment

• At the moment we have rain, rain and more rain in the Netherlands.
                      We planned our winterholiday (last week) in Austria. There was no snow at all at our hotel, so we skipped this one. Maybe we give it another try in February.

Comment

• More and here again today
                        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Our weather is pretty similar to that of Gis. Monday was mainly dry and bright but Tuesday is back to wet and windy. When I got up this morning I thought I had got up earlier than usual because it was so dark. It was around 10.30 before the light was anything like normal.

Comment

• Austria vacation! Wow. I bet that's beautiful. Send pictures when u get that way.
                            YB & Gis … AND Dan - we're having partly sunny 'bout 60 here. Gonna rain the next 2 days — and of course OF COURSE here in northern Alabama a chance of tornadoes!
                            Dan so sorry for all the bad weather ur way! U and ur family good?

Comment

• Dan? Any updates- looks rough out there! Thinking of y'all
                              Of course another week in Alabama ANOTHER tornado producing storm,hail straight line winds. Currently

Comment

• Still safe here, thanks for checking. We're getting a little break between storms right now. More is supposed to come in on Saturday morning. Currently in our immediate area we're at about 60% of what our average is supposed to be in a rainy season with at least two more potentially rainy months to go. Typically the rain peters out after March and becomes very sporadic (if it comes at all) until October/November. Other areas of the state are getting hit harder, but they typically get hit harder than we do anyway, it's just that this beyond typical for them. And january gives our coast the biggest tides of the year, which have coincided with this round of storms and thus the damage to roadways and infrastructure along the beaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X