• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical Scottish day, snow with sunshine, bitterly cold
    I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
      Typical Scottish day, snow with sunshine, bitterly cold
      (Sidebar: Gismo, do people in Scotland watch Outlander?)

We DID get that inch I mentioned, and then a little more to boot. The local mountains and farther north the Sierras got DUMPED on with snow. I think Tahoe got like 100". We got a couple feet locally. We're expecting more rain on Tuesday! Woot!
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Cold and frosty overnight but now (12 noon) the sun is coming out. Temperature might get up to one or two above freezing in the next couple of hours

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
          (Sidebar: Gismo, do people in Scotland watch Outlander?)
          Yes, and i've watched all the series

Comment

• Originally posted by Gismo View Post
            Yes, and i've watched all the series
            Has Men In Kilts premiered there yet? It starts on 2/14/21 here in the US.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Woke up this morning to snow - about six inches. Definitely the heaviest snowfall this winter. Stopped mid morning and none since. Melting slightly but but will start to get dark in a couple of hours and then presumably colder so expect there will still be some around tomorrow

Comment

• YB that sounds wonderful [emoji3587][emoji3511][emoji944]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm not really a fan of snow so "wonderful" would not be my description. It's still here this morning, some has melted and no more arrived so hopefully by tomorrow we will be back to normal

Comment

• No snow here in Central FL. It has been windy the past couple days but the sun was out and the skies were blue...so not awful. Of course not as warm as I would like it...I think it was about 65F yesterday. It should be back to upper 70s by the weekend...which is just how I like it!

Comment

• Funny YB my husband & I were just discussing the 6 more weeks of bad weather ... but it really doesn't apply to us. Like hurricanes don't and wild fires, tornadoes in other parts of the US but we get hit HARD with them ----

and thank goodness de Blasio wasn't near Punxsutawney? Phil yesterday OR any day.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny YB my husband & I were just discussing the 6 more weeks of bad weather ... but it really doesn't apply to us. Like hurricanes don't and wild fires, tornadoes in other parts of the US but we get hit HARD with them ----

and thank goodness de Blasio wasn't near Punxsutawney? Phil yesterday OR any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
                        Woke up this morning to snow - about six inches. Definitely the heaviest snowfall this winter. Stopped mid morning and none since. Melting slightly but but will start to get dark in a couple of hours and then presumably colder so expect there will still be some around tomorrow
                        Until this weekend we had a very mild winter. But Saterday night, extreme cold air came in from the East and it kept snowing for two whole days.
                        A little snow we're used to in the Netherlands, but this is something else!

I guess it's gonna take a couple of days before our marketplace and roads are cleared...

IMG_20210208_163558.jpgIMG_20210208_163504.jpg
                        IMG_20210208_163318.jpg

Comment

• Oh wow! Love that! So nice thanks for the pictures! [emoji1309] in the high 40’s here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• our weather is ... boring!

Comment

• Thank you for the pictures, Brouwer. Love seeing the snow.

Comment

• We have had an unprecedented amount of snow, being on the east coast of Scotland the salty air normaly takes care of the lying snow, but, extreme snowfalls and really low temps have kept the snow lying about.

Here are a couple of images of my local golf course:-

Comment

Working...
                                X