No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's very cold here, supposed to be 50 according to the weather forecasts but feels colder. After a lovely April things have gone back to winter in May.

Comment

• Well - it's cooler and rainy these last few days. 70 today but I'm not sure we'll get there.

Comment

• Still cool here but to go up to 54 F today, got my pansies planted in the barrel so hope we don’t have any more frost.

Comment

• Warmer today here too. Forecast for over 60 for the next few days

Comment

• Nice YB. Mo did y'all have bad weather yesterday??? 70-80 next few days here.

Comment

• Weather gradually getting a bit warmer, saw both the fox and a skunk yesterday, both around 7.30 am, so animals are uot and about.

Comment

• Hi Mo We can hear our fox especially at night. We have a female turkey we’ve seen regularly & now should be the time for baby skunks but I haven’t seen any. (deer)Squirrels chipmunks groundhogs birds & we have FIVE different kinds of woodpeckers!!! I didn’t know there were so many! And the Pileated sound like a jungle monkey! Our neighbor reports ANOTHER cougar sighting but I’m not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Skunks keep trying to cross the roads around here and get run over. I've seen I don't know how many splattered on the asphalt.

Comment

• Was just thinking, we have the big living room window and when the trees are bare I can see all the neighbours’ houses but as the trees come into leaf my viewing will be shut off and then I’ll really be in lockdown mode inside so I’ll be getting a lot more fresh air being outside, it will get me out and moving, I hope!

Haven’t seen the fox or the skunk today and certainly haven’t smelled skunk since Saturday, the aroma was really bad. 4A, you have a lot of wildlife around your place, must be interesting. Deanie, do you have a problem with the skunks leaving behind their dreadful smell?

Comment

• Deanie I once read the ONLY enemy a skunk has is a car. Seems most every animal know to stay away! Have you ever seen the "handstand" that skunks will do? OH MY WORD! I think prolly if you SEE the HANDSTAND it's already too late - HA! The baby skunks - well - ALL - skunks are soooo cute! (not the dead ones)

on YT FiFi titled: SKUNKS MAKE ADORABLE PETS. or on YT: SPOTTED SKUNK HANDSTAND - WEIRD NATURE - BBC WILDLIFE. go in to about 30-35 sec.

Comment

• The only creatures we see are the odd squirrel in addition to the domestic dogs and cats

Comment

• The wildlife we see the most (besides birds) around our house are possums. Sometimes squirrels, very rarely a raccoon, and only once a skunk. Supposedly there are coyotes out and about late at night, but haven't seen any yet. I walk the dog late at night and that's when I see the other animals, except the squirrels.
                          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I've seen coyote here too Dan... not lately tho. We have a bobcat around - that's the "cougar" I think that our neighbor sees. Oh & yes we have raccoons - they climb our bird feeder pole & SIT INSIDE the feeder & eat - our groundhog is so brave it gets on the back deck / eats the seeds too - then will sit in my flower pots & eat the blooms! The deer eat our mondo grass down to numbs every fall & our front bed bushes have taken a growth set back - they come right up on the sidewalk & within 5 ft of the house - our cats LOVE it! ...I caught the turkey eating out of our bird feeder on the side of the house. We really don't care. I love the wildlife. In the fall we have deer that will eat from the live pear tree & then they sit underneath for hours! We've seen 5-7 at a time. Every year. There is a creek about 150 feet out the back & that keeps things moving -well, that and our BIRD SEED & FLOWERS. ha!

Comment

• Haven't seen the skunks handstand, 4A. Will check out YT.

The smell isn't too bad, Mo.

We have possums, armadillos, squirrels, rabbits, skunks, and an abundance of deer around here. It is a toss up of which animal gets hit the most trying to cross the road; except for the rabbits. I've never seen one as roadkill....Oh, and the vultures. We see a goodly number of them as roadkill themselves. Why? Because they don't get up out of the way fast enough when they're in the middle of the road eating at an animal that didn't make it across.

Comment

• As stated lots to do & thunderstorms thru Wednesday. Ugh! Good book reading weather tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X