Server Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Crash

Ok folks, we had a major disaster with the web host, not only did their server crash but it destroyed our forum.
    Normally would only mean a wee bit of downtime, which it has done, but, all the database back ups were also corrupted from November 2021, so, we are currently running from last November.

I had taken regular backups but they were corrupted without me knowing due to the failing node on the hosts server, there simply was no way to predict this error.
    We are running but without Tapatalk connection while i ask a question to the regulars about what we can do in the future, so, hopefully you will all see this post via a web browser.

Anyway, going forward, i've attached a poll for you folks to vote on, since there are so few of us it shouldn't take long.

Option 2 to upgrade the forum software using the old database may not work, will take time to discover this so the site will be down for a few days.
    Stay the same from November 2021
    0%
    Upgrade to latest forum software using old database
    0%
    Start again with latest forum software
    0%

The poll is expired.

I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

I haven't voted, mainly because I am not a technophobe and really haven't a clue which would be the best option.

My vote is to let Gis make the decision as he knows much more than me about these things and which is likely to be the best/quickest/cheapest option.

In Gis we trust

Comment

I totally agree with YB. I just don't want to LOSE all y'all. I enjoy what we have even if it's just a few of us. KEEP US ALIVE GIS! And thank you so much!

Comment

If we go for a new fresh forum everyone will have to register again.
        There is no cost to running the new software, i already own it.

Personally i would like to run the new software and it would be nice to try and use the old database to keep at least some of the old posts etc

Comment

woo hoo go for it! HOW will we FIND each other again? same title - thru Tapatalk??? where exactly? But you have our emails right ? Anything u can do would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            woo hoo go for it! HOW will we FIND each other again? same title - thru Tapatalk??? where exactly? But you have our emails right ? Anything u can do would be appreciated.
            The site will be in the same place, same url etc and once it's up and running i will reintroduce Tapatalk.
            We also have Facebook

I'd also like to hear from the others, Dan and anyone else lurking around before i pull the trigger.

I will advise a date for teh upgrade and then you folks can expect a couple of days downtime, hopefully it would be quicker

Comment

Working...
            X