No announcement yet.

What's your weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No that sounds very nice. We’ll have to buy some mums maybe pansies & “lettuce”. Everything is dying out. But I love the fall weather. we had a beautiful weekend! The temps are low 70’s! We’ll decorate later this week.
    Dan ... that’s a scary thing- ours of course is tornado [emoji946]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• We have had a warm (around 75 degrees) and sunny day here in the north of England with similar forecast for Tuesday. Then it will get cooler as the week goes on. This is also what happened last week.

We have had a couple of days by the sea, first time this year because of corona virus. Today we have been to Hornsea which is on our east coast, if you want to look on a map the nearest major city is Hull. Hornsea is about 15-20 miles north of Hull.

Last week we went to Knott End which is on our west coast, a few miles north of Blackpool. Mo will know where I mean.

We are still struggling with corona virus ( not personally) and there are a lot of restrictions in place. Generally speaking though people have had enough and many are going back to normal life. Lots are thinking that the government and the medical people are exaggerating things. Myself? I'm not sure

Comment

• Sounds like y'all are finally having some fun - normalcy! Good for you! Been along time since I've seen the ocean - or any large body of water ... we're not beach people - nope. Give me a cabin, snow, cool breezes, covered pines, a fire a view & alcohol (ha) ... as long as the snow isn't there during ANY travel to & from, :"). I guess the last large body of water was ... Lake Huron? '07 Canada. then well Duh, we see the Hudson & East River ever year in NYC - but the last ocean.... I guess in LA - New Orleans... then CA was in 1997 Florida in '98 when we saw the Space Shuttle take off. Wow thanks for the memories!

- - - Updated - - -

It was a cool 58 this morning! Tomorrow's high 67 woo-hoo!

Comment

• We usually head for the sea when we have a day out, unless we are visiting relatives or attending a specific event.

Wherever you are in the UK you are never more than 100 miles from the sea and most people are within 70 miles so a trip to the sea is realoi8stic and possible for everyone.

Because of the vast distances involved I've heard it said that many 1000's of US citizens go through their whole life without ever seeing the sea.

How about you BJers, how far from the sea is it where you live?

Comment

• I live in Central Texas-near Austin-and would have to go to Corpus Christi to swim in the Gulf of Mexico. :-) No sea though.
            I don't know how many miles it is.

Comment

• Hey Deanie! I had to look it up we are 7 hours Pretty much equally between Tybee Island Hilton Head South Carolina and Panama City/Destin/Gulf Shores/Pensacola area Florida.
              It looks like you are three hours or 200 miles from the Gulf of Mexico which is about like us driving to Memphis!
              And of course for a Wintery scene we have Gatlinburg/the Smoky Mountains ... been there only 2-3 times in the winter tho. I’d really love to go to Jackson Hole Wyoming. Maybe for our 30th anniversary in May!
              nice to see y’all post

Comment

• Originally posted by YB View Post
                How about you BJers, how far from the sea is it where you live?
                I’m right on the east coast of Scotland, i can walk to the sea in 5 mins
                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Awwww wow! On my Bucket List I do have : see a lighthouse - East coast!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                    I’d really love to go to Jackson Hole Wyoming. Maybe for our 30th anniversary in May!
                    nice to see y’all post
                    First time I went to Jackson Hole was in '76 with a group of friends on a male bonding road trip. There was a full-ish moon and I went down sat on the shore of Jackson Lake the only night we were camped there. On the other side of the lake was Mt. Moran and the moon was bright enough to easily see the snowfields on the sides of the mountain. John Denver has that line in his song "Rocky Mountain High" - "...comin' home to a place he'd never been before." I've been to lots of places before and since and have never felt what I did that night. I don't believe in past lives, but that's what it felt like. Needless to say, I fell in love with the place, have been back many times.

We live about 20 minutes from the beach. I used to ride my bike down every Saturday morning and get a fresh cinnamon twist at a bakery and sit on the bench in front and relax while I ate it. Mmm.
                    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                      Awwww wow! On my Bucket List I do have : see a lighthouse - East coast!
                      Here's mine:-
                      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• We are not near the sea but just 10 minutes away from Lake Ontario, it can get very rough with high winds in the winter and the waves come over the wall.

Still warm here this week but the leaves are turning colour and the Virginia Creeper has lovely colours, very showy.

Comment

• For the third consecutive week we have had decent starts to the week with sun and temperatures around 60 but forecast suggests colder tomorrow with rain. As it is almost October we perhaps shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

• Gis! Wow! Oh wow that’s beautiful! Thank you.
                            Mo I didn’t realize u were that close! Bet that’s nice to visit! Quick too.
                            YB. Yep us too this morning it was 47 - today is a beautiful sunny 64. I love Fall

Comment

• Another beautiful Fall day here yesterday not a cloud in the sky & today will be the same! 70-50's next week! I'll have to decorate when I return from MI.....

Comment

• Temp was 4 C this morning, getting down near frost time, lots of leaves falling, others turning nice colours, lovely time of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X