No announcement yet.

Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex Machina - anybody else see this movie?
    sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiona View Post
      I really liked it. I liked how it was a bit spoofy and I laughed quite a few times. Liked the soundtrack and the wardrobes. It's set up for a sequel. Why did you think it was lousy Style?
      Weak acting, silly plot, almost fell asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by Style View Post
        Weak acting, silly plot, almost fell asleep...
        I don't think it was meant to be particularly highbrow or whiz bang. I like the quirkiness that Guy's films have.

Comment

Saw THE INTERN with Anne Hathaway and Robert DeNiro. We enjoyed this movie a lot. And it was nice to take my 82 year old mom to a movie where she could follow the plot and not be embarrassed by sexual scenes and needless cursing (although there was one surprising and unnecessary F-bomb).

Comment

I saw the trailer for that Dan and it looked like a movie I'd like to see.

Comment

Dan, we saw it and once again you and I definitely have different tastes in movies. I thought it was miscast (Anne's husband?!) and kinda boring. I gave it a 6/10 which is a 'watch on tv but don't pay for it' rating in my system.

Looking forward to The Martian this week...

Comment

Went to see Black Mass, was kinda expecting a Godfather type movie, but, not so, but, still a very good film and the critics will give it maximum points, it's an 8 from me
                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

Dan, we saw it and once again you and I definitely have different tastes in movies.
                  If we can agree that Monty Python and The Holy Grail is a classic comedy, nothing else really matters.

I thought Anne's husband was miscast too.

Comment

Movie Reviews

I love Spaceballs & Blazing Saddles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                      I love Spaceballs & Blazing Saddles

Talking about Sci-Fi comedy: I always liked the movie Galaxy Quest

Comment

Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                        If we can agree that Monty Python and The Holy Grail is a classic comedy, nothing else really matters.

I thought Anne's husband was miscast too.
                        We agree on Monty and if you don't like it, I will fart in your general direction!

Comment

Spaceballs & The Holy Grail are hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Brouwer View Post
                            Talking about Sci-Fi comedy: I always liked the movie Galaxy Quest
                            I love Galaxy Quest! I think that's Tim Allen's best movie, and one of my favorite Alan Rickman movies too, right below Quigley Down Under and Die Hard. Yes, Potter fans, I'm leaving out Snape.

- - - Updated - - -

We agree on Monty and if you don't like it, I will fart in your general direction!
                            "You tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!"

The French insult sessions are some of my favorite scenes!

Comment

Movie Reviews

My favorite Alan Rickman film is January Man . THAT is a great movie!!![emoji106]🏻 and I do like Quigley!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw Sicario this weekend and really liked it. Solid, intense movie. 8.5/10

Filming and acting excellent. Subject matter (drug-trade) definitely not for everyone. Emily Blunt (drop-dead gorgeous no matter the make-up or lack thereof) was superb and Benicio del Toro an Josh Brolin were terrific.

Comment

Working...
                                X