No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our old dog Charlie, can't see very well and is deaf, however, still has a good appetite. During the evening he comes over and stays while I pet him and talk to him and I was thinking he just wanted attention, I finally figured out that his bowl was empty and he fancied a few more dog kibbles in it, wasn't me he wanted it was food! What a let down.

Comment

• Awww. Pets will be pets. Quite basic. This morning Kevin left earlier than usual & since he got up before me & was gone & me not up a series of events == 1.Simon eating OR dropping kibble into her metal bowl 2. Lucy playing with a circular ball toy (sounded like a toy race car on a track) 3. Dot “talking” kinda sounded like a mourning dove. Yep ALL at once SOOOOOO I got up early too[emoji52] very basic needs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Waiting until Dave gets settled in bed, he always has some argument or annoyance coming to the fore just at bedtime, almost a ritual now, saying he doesn't understand why he is supposed to do this or that and manages to destroy what peace of mind I might have had at the point. Tonight it's his visit to the heart clinic at the hospital tomorrow, doesn't understand why he has to go there, so had to look up the goal of the heart clinic on the Internet and print it out for him rather than me telling him. Nothing seems to please him and it's driving me squirly. End of rant.

Comment

• Mo .. sorry to hear of hubby woes. Y'all sound a lot like my parents - IMO. My mother takes care of him - and - he IMO still seems ... WELL. I don't know how to put it. When I was working our practice was a geriatric one; I saw MANY women bring in their husbands & you're not alone - they ALL seemed this way. I just hope you are taking care of YOU. I saw that too. Too many times the wives "let their medical problems go or better way to put it there MENTAL peace". Can't lump all together, I know. But my parents have been married for 58 years this year & that's .... the way it is???
          Sending you peaceful thoughts.

Comment

• Oops I did it again Dan!!!!

Comment

• Thanks 4A - all quiet on the Canadian front today, A couple of moans but nothing to worry about. I find if I can remain calm and don't engage it's a lot better - you can't explain anything to someone who doesn't want to listen so just keep quiet. Have been watching Acapulco tennis and one of my favourite players just lost but it was a good match. Now off to bed.

Comment

• Tomorrow, Friday 7th March 2019 i get to tick off another item on my bucket list.
                I am playing golf at the Old Course at St Andrews
                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Whoa!!! Wow - sneak us a few pictures! Pebble Beach, Merion & Augusta are ‘bout the nicest here.⛳️

Comment

• Lucky you Gis, I imagine its a toughie to play, lots of sand dunes etc. lots of wind, quite a challenge, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Comment

• Enjoy the golf, Gis? Were you satisfied with your score, Par-ish

Comment

• I shot 79 gross with a stupid 7 at the par 5 14th.

A great day

I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Great photos Gis, and not too dusty a score either for a links course, you'll be wanting to be on the pro circuit. That lovely green grass looks great and we're still looking at melting snow and ice.

Comment

• 79! wow that's great. Thanks for the photos! NICE! You been playing long? My parents were avid golfers until recently. Kevin & I played some... he used to play a lot - hell I've seen him play in his cowboy boots when he forgot his shoes! Every Thursday night was a scramble then....early Sunday mornings, any afternoon that they ended work early etc... The guys he played with were good 2-4 handicaps Kevin was 12-14. AHHH to be young

Comment

• Good to see other parts of the world! Thanks, Gis!
                              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• I am relieved that the Boeing 737's with the possible problem have been grounded, Yellowknife family coming out this way next week and didn't know if any of the big Boeing's did cross Canada flights. Hopefully they will be able to identify the possible problem with this plane and get it fixed so that they will all be safe. Two of the same type planes crashing with 5 months of each other is two too many. Apparently several of the US pilots said they had trouble with the plane to do with when the auto pilot was on the plane nose behaved differently and the trouble stopped when they turned off the auto pilot - how true this is or just idle remarks is not clear but hope they get the darn problem fixed - planes carrying nearly 200 passengers cannot be fooled around with.

Comment

Working...
                                X