No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord! What is it with cats[emoji1743]*[emoji3601] our Mama Kitty (15 this year) has had a bad reaction to us putting in a NEW cat door for her. Yes Kevin should have let her out OR taken the door down to install—— it was very loud & now she has a mournful meow & can’t hardly pee!!! She’ll have to go into the Vet if I don’t see some MORE action soon! Very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sad news for your kitties. Hope it all turns out well for them.

I'm off to bed early, worn out mentally, all the home help making appointments in the next few days to get Dave back in shape, he's moving around but very slowly but he's managing the stairs just as well as before he went into the hospital.

I'd like a week where I don't have to make appointments, or do anything at all except sit in my chair and look out the window or read my book.

Comment

• I hope u find the time Mo. Good for Dave!

Comment

• Had a physio young man in today to give Dave some pointers about getting moving and some chair exercises, had him climb the stairs and gave Dave a lengthy explanation on how his condition came about. Pleasant person and very encouraging.

This afternoon we had a petite young Occupational Therapist visit to give recommendations about what could be improved in the house to make it easier for Dave's comfort. She also shortened his walking stick (it was an adjustable one) said it was too long and would put too much pressure on his biceps. Also fixed the rail on his bed to make it easier to get in and out of. So now I have the big bed to myself, no more tangled blankets in the morning or having to pull on them to cover me when they all get dragged to the one side of the bed. But it feels kind of strange, 61 years of sleeping together in the same bed we purchased when we first got married! If I'm not careful I'll get all sentimental. Tomorrow my friend Anne who does our house cleaning will be coming to do our grocery shopping and hopefully will do that for us until Dave is back to normal and driving again and maybe in a few months Sheila's driving licence will be restored, one year without a seizure is usually what the Ministry of Transport requires. She is now on the new medication having been weaned of the one she had been on for so many years. She really misses driving her little car and it's sitting with a dead battery in the driveway. She had been running it in the driveway to keep it going but the cold temps put the battery out of commission. We have been having a real cold snap, lots of snow lying around but it will be up over freezing for a couple of days next week.

On February 22nd I have to do the oral test to keep my Driving Licence in good standing, which is a bit of a laugh in that I haven't driven in about 5 years but I keep the licence just in case I have this overpowering urge to drive our car or if I have to in an emergency. Actually I have driven the car recently, I backed it out of the garage as it was too near the one side of the garage and was going to be a problem for Dave getting in. Surprised our neighbour, who came across the road and asked me if I was driving again. I'll get to it one of these days.

Stop the Presses!!!! Just discovered a man in my bed- he must have snuck in while I was on the computer.
          Last edited by momckee; 01-02-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• In the last stages of converting my music library from CD's to digital stored on my home server, it's literally taken months but there is light at the end of the tunnel
            I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Oh HA! Mo.... he better be careful sneaking around without supervision. Glad to hear there is a plan & a path for y'all. And good news for your daughter - I'm sure she'll like the independence too. Sounds like you have just enough friends around to smooths things out. Glad to her it!

GIS... I still have a few CD's I listen to. Most of my music is on my phone. Our "rocket" doesn't even have a CD player in it -- new wifi stuff... we didn't know when we bought it - thought it was in the glove compartment. NO! We also use YouTube for a LOT of music.

Comment

• Not a real fan of football-won’t be watching. BUT— [emoji1695]Pats.
                I’m gonna watch The Kitten Bowl (HALLMARK)at 1 & Puppy Bowl (DSC)is on now I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post

GIS... I still have a few CD's I listen to. Most of my music is on my phone. Our "rocket" doesn't even have a CD player in it -- new wifi stuff... we didn't know when we bought it - thought it was in the glove compartment. NO! We also use YouTube for a LOT of music.
                  Does your rocket have a usb socket?
                  I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• What are you doing?

Oh HA! GIS, our "rocket" is my car.... 2016 Cadillac CTS-V.... all the bells & - well you know But no CD player. It’s all WiFi stuff. Am I old or what?
                    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 04-02-2019, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• Well Dan... I seemed to have done it again. 4AMNTN ......

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                        Well Dan... I seemed to have done it again. 4AMNTN ......
                        sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Heading to bed early, we must be under an unlucky star right now, Sheila in hospital, two days ago there was an almighty crash and I rushed downstairs and she was lying in the basement hallway, had another seizure, not totally out of it, she was groggy but not unconscious, was up sitting in a chair right after but I knew she had to have some medical attention, neighbour took her to the hospital and she had a couple more small seizures while there before she got her nightime medicine. They did a CT scan and kept her in, then today she was given an MRI scan, turns out the medicine she was on wasn't an adequate doseage to keep her seizure free, some negligence on the part of the neurologist. So they are keeping her in again tonight just to make sure that the doseage is correct. Her Dad is really missing her but she needs to be able to rely on the medicine in order for her to work. To think that she had been seizure free for 30 years and suddenly the Dilantin stopped working for her. She will be 59 this month so maybe her hormone balance has changed. What with Dave and his heart failure, low salt diet which I'm struggling to figure out each day, hoping the dietician comes soon with some meal suggestions, in the meantime I'm having to read the small print on any packaging to determine the sodium content, encouraging Dave to get up and walk around as the therapist advised, etc. etc. and I'm fair worn out. So goodnight all.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                            Heading to bed early, we must be under an unlucky star right now, Sheila in hospital, two days ago there was an almighty crash and I rushed downstairs and she was lying in the basement hallway, had another seizure, not totally out of it, she was groggy but not unconscious, was up sitting in a chair right after but I knew she had to have some medical attention, neighbour took her to the hospital and she had a couple more small seizures while there before she got her nightime medicine. They did a CT scan and kept her in, then today she was given an MRI scan, turns out the medicine she was on wasn't an adequate doseage to keep her seizure free, some negligence on the part of the neurologist. So they are keeping her in again tonight just to make sure that the doseage is correct. Her Dad is really missing her but she needs to be able to rely on the medicine in order for her to work. To think that she had been seizure free for 30 years and suddenly the Dilantin stopped working for her. She will be 59 this month so maybe her hormone balance has changed. What with Dave and his heart failure, low salt diet which I'm struggling to figure out each day, hoping the dietician comes soon with some meal suggestions, in the meantime I'm having to read the small print on any packaging to determine the sodium content, encouraging Dave to get up and walk around as the therapist advised, etc. etc. and I'm fair worn out. So goodnight all.
                            Dang, Mo. Praying for better days ahead for all of you!
                            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Sheila is home, xtra meds, neurologist had said there might have to be some adjustment to the new med, it was strengthened by one extra pill. She checks with the hospital next Monday to get clearance to go back to work, she
                              is feeling fine but taking it easy at home.

Dave is doing o.k. The idea that he has to be aware of salt restriction isn't getting through, he doesn't add salt at the table but I tell him that everything we buy at the store mostly has the sodium content in it. He won't believe it until the dietician tells him. So I'll leave it up to her! But things are improving, please God. Thanks for the prayer Dan.

Comment

• Oh Mo. I’m sorry to hear that about your daughter. Yes. This I’m sure has been very hard on you. There are other drugs... it’s just finding out the strength & dose & [emoji1695] until then no more seizures. I hope Dan continues to move around! We don’t want any pneumonia. Low salt. Maybe you can google? OR ask the DIETICIANS for a CHEAT MENU. Surely they can help. Thoughts & prayers your way. Take care of yourself too!

Comment

Working...
                                X