What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing?

We've thought about "if we got a dog what would we get". NO outside dogs ... (tho I luv a Belgian Malinois /Blue Heeler). The little Corgis are cute as are mini pins & mini French Bulldogs. But have y'all seen the little Poms that are "wolf" colored? AWWWWW they're so cute!
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 18-01-2019, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• I'm putting our name on the Cairn Terrier, Rescue dog site - I will get an application which I have to fill in. They aren't all that frequent and it even might be an older dog.

Comment

• Good for u Mo. Older pets need luv 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nothing. It's that kind of weekend. Gonna make my Chicken white bean chili/soup tonight. The cold is coming......

Comment

• Heading to bed early, Dave in hospital with too much fluid in body, been getting meds for two days to drain him, today his ankles had dropped to half the size. Had gone to the Walk-in clinic on Friday as he had a wheeze in his chest, doctor immediately said 'you need to get to hospital right away as your chest clogged with fluid which is a forerunner of heart failure. So an ambulance was called and he's been there for a couple of days now. Fortunately the cardiologist who is in the Emergency Dept. knows what he is doing so he's getting good care. Really scary and I hope we can prevent this from happening again by the right meds and watching his food and drink intake - there is a clinic attached to the hospital with a counsellor who will be helpful, I hope. I feel that his regular cardiologist was negligent in not keeping an eye on what was happening with Dave, seeing him just every four months, no way he could be aware of what was happening if he didn't see him more often than that. Neighbour across the street, whose wife is in the hospital quite ill, took me down with him and brought me home, in the midst of our accumulating snow. So I co-ordinated my visit with his visit to his wife. Very kind of him. Really hate when Dave isn't home and Sheila is on afternoon shift, would never be able to live in a house by myself, although Charlie, our older dog was keeping me company.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Mo. So sorry to hear if Dans troubles. I am sorry too that you’re alone. I remember how difficult it was for our patients as they got older—one in poorer health than the other. Please don’t neglect yourself tho. Lasix/HCTZ and Lanoxin were always the drugs we used for that treatment & of course office visits. Do y’all have Home Health than can come by at least 3x weekly to check him? Little things like watching his salt intake moving around more elevating his legs when he’s sitting and deep breathing exercises can help.
              I hope the week coming up will bring better news. [emoji253]

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 21-01-2019, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Sorry to hear of Mr Mo's problems, Mo. Hope he is back home soon

Comment

• Hope Mr Dave gets better soon...and home!

Comment

• What are you doing?

So I’m picking out an outfit to wear to SHEN YUN tomorrow. Then off to Del Frisco’s for supper!! It’s our late Christmas date or maybe an early Valentine date.
                    Del Frisco ‘s is the absolute best restaurant in NYC — looking forward to seeing if Nashville’s version is too!

Last edited by 4AMNTN; 23-01-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Thanks to all for encouraging wishes, Dave is up on the 7th floor waiting for a bed in a ward, he's in the corridor on a bed and quite comfortable but it has been a 24 hour wait for a bed in a room to become available. Our son has been in touch with the Care Co-ordinators for this region and we hope to have some home care set up in time for him being discharged. Our neighbour's wife is quite ill and is on the same floor as Dave and Mike, her husband, has been driving me in each day as he goes to see his wife, which has been a wonderful help. Dave is a bit confused so I hope that clears up but will have to wait and see. He's not unhappy, says being in the corridor allows him to watch all the people, nothing required of him, no chores, no responsibility so apart from still having some fluid in his lungs he is quite comfortable.

Comment

• Mo I’m thinking of you both. Yes being in a hospital setting is sometimes disorienting. It’s good that he’s a people watcher Kevin is too. That’s wonderful that your neighbor is being so accommodating! Nice. Thank you for keeping us posted on Dave’s condition.[emoji1317]

Comment

• Dave looking a bit brighter today, he was happy he was allowed to have a shower, amazing how much better a shower makes you feel. They are assessing him for his mobility and other things. We are in line for home help when he is discharged because of his lack of mobility and there is quite a long list of people we can call on for 60 days for help on various things and after that if we still need help there is another association which is for a greater area which steps in. I'm thinking that we could change the small back bedroom into a sitting room for him with tv and easy chair etc. so that he could move around fairly freely all on the one level. We have a four level home and the bedroom would be accessible to the bathroom, shower, the main bedroom, the computer room and the 'hold all' room where we have some plants started on a table by the window. That would save him from climbing the stairs all the time - anyway we will have to see what he wants to do. Even if he only needed to come down two or three times for meals it would save him a lot of stair climbing. Maybe get him home in the next day or two.

Comment

• Mo. Sounds like ya'll have a plan! Have you had someone to look into one of those stair lift chairs used/rent or buy?? OR a recliner/lift chair? Walmart has them 260- and other stores Haverty's around 460.00 (mechanical bed? - helps get in & out of) Bird watching, puzzles, brain games, & move as much as he can ... the spirometer that they give or a pillow & deep breathing wearing the TED hose.... I'm happy to hear Home Health will be available to him.

Comment

• He was looking alright today. Dietician was in letting us know what to avoid to cut down on salt to avoid any further probs with fluid. Probably home in a couple of days.

Comment

• Vet visit with Lucy. Woke yesterday to her limping & unable to put weight on the L paw. earliest appointment Tuesday am. This am better but lots of swelling in the wrist. Steroid injection & we’ll watch her. She’s my “dope smoker” doesn’t move around a lot - never has....she’s SO calm always has been .... I’ve even nudged her “just to check “ ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X