X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 [emoji322][emoji3060][emoji898][emoji323][emoji1635]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wow Gis didn’t realize Edinburgh partied so hardy around NYE!!! Pictures are awesome!

Comment

• NYE spent on the phone catching up with an old friend. Stayed home since the dog gets anxious with all the fireworks.
        Took the dog to the beach this morning...and there were 2 ladies walking miniature horses! Apparently training them to be therapy animals. Then to Wal-mart for grocery pick up and then to the gym...start the year off right and hopefully can keep it up.
        Hope everyone had a wonderful end to 2018 and a fantastic start to 2019.

Comment

• Sounds like a nice time. How IS your dog??

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
            Sounds like a nice time. How IS your dog??
            Elliott is good...such a sweet, calm dog. He walks really well on the leash; is learning to 'wait' while people walk by; and since he's getting that I'll be working on having him walk at my side rather than ahead of me. I think the fireworks bothered me more than him. I turned on a Beethoven CD to muffle most of the noise on NYE. At the beach he was not having anything to do with the water. I think he was a bit overwhelmed with the noise, the waves and just the number of other animals there. He was also not a fan of the 15 month old Great Dane at the beach! Thunder is his name, is 130 pounds and still has growing to do! I'm about 5'9" and Thunder was almost eye level with me, bigger than the ponies...plus he jumped around like a kangaroo....wish I had gotten video of that!

Comment

• So glad to hear Meg. If u can - load a pic!!!

Comment

• Feeling very sad, a week ago our younger dog, Kaylee, died in her sleep in her little house. I still feel as if it's unreal. She had no sign of illness, no sign of trauma, and it's only now that I can get through a day without too many tears. Emergency vets don't do autopsies and even if they did our little dog would still be dead even if we know what caused it. She was just four years old. I have her photo up on the wall next to my chair in the kitchen. It has been a nightmarish week. Soooo, feeling that I wanted something to cuddle I bought a stuffed toy labradoodle puppy, (not quite losing it yet) and he sits on the table next to my chair in the living room. He has a humorous expression on his face which make me smile and Dave says he almost looks human..He's certainly no replacement for Kaylee but somehow he brings me some comfort. Our other dog, Charlie is 11 now and deaf and has poor eyesight. He doesn't interact with us too much although he knows how to get something to eat even after he's had his dog food, he's always after a treat that tastes a bit different. I want another dog but Dave and I are getting too old to go the puppy route again, we will have to adopt an adult dog, that's if we can find one that is suitable. Neither one of us is in good shape to start with a puppy. Mobility is a problem, moreso for Dave. Anyway, it's early days yet, we're still pretty much in shock. Was unable to put the sad event down in writing before now.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss Mo...

Comment

• Oh Mo. I'm so sorry. 4 y.o.? Poor thing & oh so tragic for you & Dave. In it's comfy baed, asleep? - well that's a comforting thought if the end had to be. I wish you luck on your new dog adventures. Can't imagine the day ... I have 1 15 y.o. & 3 14 y.o. -- prolly enough said -- 4 8 y.o and then the White Devil (Sophie) is almost 2!
                    Was Kaylee a labradoodle?

Comment

• Thank you Style and 4A - she was a Cairn terrier. I got the Lab toy as he had a kind of goofy expression which made me smile, he's very soft and cuddly - our dog Charlie just sniffed him then walked away, wasn't interested.

Comment

• Mo, have you seen the website "Petsies". Maybe look into that ... My sister that lives in Rochester Hills, MI is going to do this for her "Woofie". It was something to consider for my 3 girls. But now I'm thinking of a charm with ashes in it. We've cremated the other 3 cats so they will be too..... sad..... If not we'd have Arlington outside of our window. whoa.... my eyes are stinging .....

Comment

• We had Kaylee cremated and her dog crate donated to the Humane Society - we brought her blanket home. This past year has not been a great year for us, hoping 2019 will have some more cheerful times.

Comment

• Oh, Maureen, that's awful. It's one thing if they've been sick and you are somewhat prepared, but to have it happen so unexpectedly...wow. Please accept a big hug from me and my dogs. Our Kellee is at the very least 15, more likely 16. She was a shelter dog that we adopted as an adult. The shelter said they thought she was 2 or 3. We think closer to 2. Anyway, she was an adult dog and has been the best dog ever. Adult dogs can be fantastic. This year might be the year we lose her. We got our other dog Dexter to help keep her moving and alert because she doesn't interact with us as much as she used to, very much like your older dog.
                            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Thanks Dan, it was such a shock and for a while I felt as though it was just a nightmare. Seems this last year has been a bit of a toughy for us unless we are just not as mentally strong as we've gotten older. Anyway, Charlie, our other dog has been looking for more attention, I think he sort of took a back seat to Kaylee who was always begging for rubs and attention and he got kind of sidelined. He has trouble seeing and hearing and a bit arthritic but he still gets excited when we come in and dances around so he's got a ways to go yet. I think that would have a bearing on whether or not we get another dog, don't want to have him playing second fiddle again. It would probably have to be a female so that he could still feel the alpha guy. We'll see what the next few months bring and I pray that they will be better than the last few.

Comment

• Maureen, So sorry to hear about Kaylee. When you're ready an adult dog from the shelter may be perfect for you and Dave.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                                So glad to hear Meg. If u can - load a pic!!!

Dang it won't let me...not sure why!

Comment

Working...
                                X