What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The decorations look great!
    And yes to see all that land and no other house...pretty amazing to those of us who live with SO MANY neighbors!
    Watching Jeopardy...the same guy has won the last 3 days...a retired officer from Pittsburgh. Hope he wins again.
    Last edited by Meg; 07-12-2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg View Post
      The decorations look great!
      And yes to see all that land and no other house...pretty amazing to those of us who live with SO MANY neighbors!
      Watching Jeopardy...the same guy has won the last 3 days...a retired officer from Pittsburgh. Hope he wins again.
      He's doing very well. And I must say, he's got the biggest mustache I've ever seen on the show.
      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• ok last night we finished it. It's all up & our channel 4 out of Nashville will be down to video it. when??????
        Attached Files

Comment

• Nice property you have 4A - like your Christmas lights.

Comment

• Thanks Mo!
            I put the THANK U 4 THE SNOW GIS! on the wrong page.... so THANK U GIS 4 THE SNOW!

Comment

• Just for you Dan!!!!!!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

• What is the photo of?

Comment

• What are you doing?

It’s mistletoe Mo. we’ll tie it with a bow and bunch it. & it’s Free!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by 4AMNTN; 16-12-2018, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan M. View Post
                    He's doing very well. And I must say, he's got the biggest mustache I've ever seen on the show.
                    True!! I believe that was a topic one night between him and Trebek.

Comment

• Thanks 4A - didn't recognize it although I'm not really familiar with the look of mistletoe.

Comment

• I believe it's a fungus? something not good for the tree. My mom always would say it could kill a tree & our Maple is surely dying - from what...idk. Ugly stuff really ...but with a red bow or gold & white it's very festive.

Comment

• I think there is something in folklore about misletoe, some sort of legend, should look it up once I get off here. Will report back what I find.
                          Mistletoe is especially interesting botanically because it is a partial parasite (a "hemiparasite"). As a parasitic plant, it grows on the branches or trunk of a tree and actually sends out roots that penetrate into the tree and take up nutrients. But mistletoe is also capable for growing on its own; like other plants it can produce its own food by photosynthesis. Mistletoe, however, is more commonly found growing as a parasitic plant. There are two types of mistletoe. The mistletoe that is commonly used as a Christmas decoration (Phoradendron flavescens) is native to North America and grows as a parasite on trees in the west as also in those growing in a line down the east from New Jersey to Florida. The other type of mistletoe, Viscum album, is of European origin. The European mistletoe is a green shrub with small, yellow flowers and white, sticky berries which are considered poisonous. It commonly seen on apple but only rarely on oak trees. The rarer oak mistletoe was greatly venerated by the ancient Celts and Germans and used as a ceremonial plant by early Europeans. The Greeks and earlier peoples thought that it had mystical powers and down through the centuries it became associated with many folklore customs.

Part of what I read, there's lots more about legends regarding mistletoe on the Internet.
                          Last edited by momckee; 18-12-2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Neat Mo. Thanks! Ours - in the yard anyway, don't have the white berries.
                            This property was built in 1968... we ALL remember it from growing up here; there were 4 huge Oak trees out front (now just 2) and the 3 Maples across the lower front (now just 2). Bradford Pears lining the driveway. (we had to cut one complete side down for the new drive). Anyway the Maple out front WITH the Mistletoe is dying ... not sure what happened to the large Oaks. I told Kevin it would have been nice to call the property The Four Oaks, but....

Comment

• Just read about Penny Marshall — LaVerne & Shirley was in our nightly TV line up when I was little. [emoji3047][emoji1636]

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                                Just read about Penny Marshall — LaVerne & Shirley was in our nightly TV line up when I was little. [emoji3047][emoji1636]

sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X