No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was nothing of note discovered although the cardiologist checked his Pacemaker and they flushed out his kidneys with some sort of solution as he was needing to go to the bathroom really frequently, doctor thought maybe his pills were maybe too strong, the ones for reducing output, so he came home with four new prescriptions which will be swapped for some of his current meds. He is very slow on his feet but that has been coming on for quite a while, his own cardiologist has said that his heart is getting weaker but as long as it keeps on going we'll be happy. It's been a harrowing few days - I don't drive now although I may have to give it a go again as I still have my licence, just have a bit of phobia (really a lot of phobia) about driving and I'll have to figure out all the bells and whistles in our car as I've only driven it once in about five years. So have been in and out of taxis for the last couple of days and it gets expensive. Hoping our daughter gets her licence back soon after having the seizure a few months back, she's had the EEG and blood work and then is having an MRI this month, so once all is clear she can then make application for her licence again, hopefully within a month or so as her CT scan when she had the seizure was clear.

Thanks for the prayers Dan, we can certainly use them.

Comment

• Mo! I'm so sorry to hear of the hubby's troubles. And... the weight that you bare. I saw this about 3am this morning, but thought I'd wait til morning to respond. Since you've given more information the question of orthostatic hypotension I prolly is out. I guess a medication for his frequent urination & possibly a prostate medication. Maybe something to strengthen his heart???? Just being home and back in routine I'm sure will be comforting - to you both! Keep us updated.

Comment

• Good news! Dave was feeling well enough to go and take the Xam for drivers over 80 which is partly written, eye test and mini lectures about road safety etc. I was all ready to phone to try to set another date but he seemed to be feeling much better today and wanted to get it over with. After 80th birthday you get tested every two years to make sure you are still mentally fit to renew your Driver's Licence. Sheila went with him as she is off today, She'll wait in reception for him, usually anout 12 people all take the test at the same time, all round a big table. One of the tests is to draw a clock face and place the hands at the time the lecturer says, it's usually for 11.20 and I've never figured out why that time unless there is some scientific reason that this may be difficult for people who have diminished capacity. Anyway, I'm delighted he felt well enough to go.

Thanks for kind thoughts 4A.

Comment

• Sorry to hear of your troubles, Mo. Hope Mr Mo is soon back to normal

Comment

• Thanks for the update Mo! Hope he does well on the exam & y'all can tootle at your leisure.

Everyday now mom & her 2 walk the yard, eat & give us a "show" for our hay & treats we provide!

What kind of bird is THAT, mom?
            Attached Files

Comment

• That's a gorgeous scene outside your house 4A, like living in a Christmas scene, kitty is enjoying watching too.

Dave did ok today with the test and has his licence renewed for another couple of years, (health permitting I guess). It gave him a bit of a lift to know that he could still make grade and his colour is so much better today. He went off to bed early as he can't do too much all at one time. He usually tries to plan to do one chore he feels he needs to attend to and if he tries too many he ends up being exhausted. Our daughter is really good but we try not to layer stuff on her, she needs her downtime too.

I didn't do much of anything today except heat up the portion of ham we had in the freezer, with only the three of us if we buy a ham of any size we have to divide it up and freeze some and as I'm not really a meat lover except when it's disguised as hamburger, we still have too much meat so it ends up being deep sixed before it's finished. You know how it is, you can put leftovers in the fridge until you don't feel guilty about throwing it out after a couple of days!

I've been just pottering today and doing some reading, still hovering around the 1930-1945 times reading fiction about WWll and how the Brits coped with the blitz, usually some romance woven into the story after all the times I've said I don't read romance. It is always interesting to me as I lived in Glasgow most of the war but never suffered the blitz like many of the other big cities although the Clyde docks took a walloping

Thanks to you YB for your thoughts. Hope all is well at your house.

Comment

• I read a good book once of WW II - Black Cross it’s Greg Isle. It was very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gonna be a nice day to get out and VOTE! Wet still from all the storms last night - but sunny & a warm 68!

Comment

• Wet and windy today but not cold, trees don't have many leaves on now, just been reading and watching all the leaves swirling by, very pretty. Haven't watched any news, will see what has happened this evening. Lots of contested seats.

Comment

• Getting our vinyl today to cut out & paint our Christmas decorations. We're starting late!

Comment

• How do YOU say pecan as in pecan pie.
                        I say Puh con

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                          How do YOU say pecan as in pecan pie.
                          I say Puh con

Usually pee-CON, sometimes pee-CAN, sometimes pee-CAN'T.
                          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Ha! Don’t say that to a Urology nurse![emoji23]

Comment

• Well, my Lucy has had a fat lower lip for over a week now (Vet said allergy). Changed treats - no treats, changed food - twice... new water bowl & food bowls. THEN asked the Vet if I could give her children's Benadryl .... yes! What the Vet didn't say was WATCH OUT!!! Lucy spewed foamy slobber that Gene Simmons would be proud of. Oh my gosh! She slobbered & would not swallow it went everywhere!. I thought I'd suffocated her! 2 doses 12 hours apart. She's not better .... but just a warning - you can treat your fur babies at home, but a trip to the Vet & a steroid injection is better. :")

Comment

• Still painting on our "girls" for Christmas decorations. then embellishments & faces .... woo a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X