No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend I'm doing the "clean like your momma's coming"! My sister from MI will be down with oldest son & his girlfriend - my sister/BIL from AL will be up with her youngest son. Big party at mom & dad's!!! The 4th thanks to Kevin is always a BLAST! We've got the best fireworks around! There are always people parked along their road watching! So I'm cleaning IF they stop by for a visit. Our SHOW is Saturday night! yea!

Comment

• Oh so hot down here! But hopefully some rain tonight. Just finished a 30 mile bike ride. After this week of vacation I'm going to have a wonderful tan (for an Irish girl anyways)

Comment

• Son, his wife and son, are down in Clermont now, lots of trouble getting there, something not quite right with their plane causing a two hour delay then car rental place had overbooked cars and they got a pickup in which the previous people had been smokers. This was around 2:00 a.m. They went to another dealership today and got the car they wanted. Not a pleasant start to their holiday. Conlan, their 20 year old son, is autistic and is wild about Disneyland (World) never know which is which, he loves dinosaurs and animals, so they go each year because of him. Just about 20 miles from Orland0.

Comment

• Oh my goodness Meg. What great shape u must be in! Good for u!! [emoji1338]*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just checking the computer before heading to bed. Was listening to see who the next Supreme Court judge was going to be. Seemed like a fairly reasonable man, didn't set off any alarms or spidy sense when he spoke. Depends how he feels about the tricky issues, however, that will affect south of 49 more than north of it. Nice young family.

Comment

• Waiting to see if ALL the boys & the coach made it out of the cave. What an awful traumatic event for them! Yea! For their SEAL team & everyone who worked on this ... everyone involved.

Comment

• All out and in hospital, Thailand did a magnificent job, congratulations to all the divers and the people who assisted with the operation, nothing short of miraculous. I hope the boys and the coach enjoy good health for a long time to come.

Comment

• A serious question to ALL of you. Does anyone have any experience with CBD oil? in the dropper bottle? We just heard of this yesterday by our Dr.'s nurse. It's available everywhere it seems because there isn't any THC, which is good. But does it work? -- for pain.

Comment

• Don't know what it is 4A.

Comment

• It's for RELIEF. Seems to do a lot for & types of discomforts... pain to anxiety to seizures, etc. IT's called CBD - cannabidiol... it's one of the ingredient in marijuana. It's NOT the get you high THC that's in maijuana. The CBD comes in creams, oils, I've seen it for animals, etc.... it's everywhere -- where have I been? But there are different brands, they use different purities. I'm sure some of it's a rip off, but I'm trying to research that.
                      I used the lotion last night on my thumb join & pad & after 2-3 minutes I THINK it felt better, but didn't last long. We bought the oil drops too but haven't tried that. It's very expensive!
                      Any help would help.

Comment

• My sister bought marijuana ointment for the pain in her knee and it gave her some relief but she needs a knee replacement so ointment doesn't really do it for her.

Comment

• Have had a couple of really nice visits from son Neil, with wife Denise and their son Conlan. They holidayed in Florida then spent 5 days here in Ontario, they leave tomorrow to go back home to Yelllowknife. They all look well and are hoping that Conlan, who has autism, will be able to maybe get part time work in a maintenance job once he leaves the school surroundings. He's a big strong lad and is very precise when given instructions on how to look after anything,. I just hope the part time job works out for him. Neil takes him swimming each evening and they also go bowling, I think he's probably doing better than Neil with the bowling. They both keep Conlan occupied and during the short summer in Yellowknife he waters the community gardens and has a friend taking over for him while he is on holiday. Both the girls will be coming East in the Autumn to study at York University, Alannis for her Masters and Alysson for a drama related course which is a bit shorter than the one Alannis will be doing. Kyle is working on a project with his professor and the findings are to be published once the experiment is concluded. He described it to me on Facebook but it was well beyond my understanding of physics.

We have had quite a bit of unsettled weather, heavy rain then bright sunshine and the flowers enjoy the rain, the young man who does the upkeep for my little flower gardens is doing a lovely job, they never looked anything like this when I was able to work with them myself.

Comment

• As soon as you mentioned family I wondered if it was your family from Yellowknife. I remember us talking about that several years ago. (we saw that town on a show we used to watch - Ice Road Truckers) It's wonderful that they keep him busy & interact like they do!
                            I have all the time in the world & still don't get out with my flowers like I should. I bet they DO look nice! I sprinkled Miracle Gro last night & now I'm STILL waiting on the rain that was supposed to be here last night! OH MY!

Comment

• Weather was quite nice today, neighbour cut our back lawn, and filled in some parts of the front lawn where the grass was very poor. I was feeling proud of myself as I cleaned the bedroom windows, even remember how to open them so that I could clean the outside by using the handgrips that turned the window around. Also sewed up a kitchen banner, friend brought a large tea towel with a poem about friends and I managed to mount it after I took the other one down which had been hanging for a few years, one I bought when we were in Ireland. So haven't been completely lazy today!

Comment

• Sounds like a good start to the week. I'm still praying for rain!

Comment

Working...
                                X