No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I was supposed to go to my parents to help with the yardwork but my mom called at five this morning and my dad had fallen again this is the third fall since his knee surgery he fell on the knee busted the suture open and was in the hospital having it re-stitched. Last week he fell and blackened his right eye.....
    This particular surgery is not going well
    Hopefully I can get down there towards the end of the week or over the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think you'd better tie him to a chair 4A, he's trying to ignore his limitation.

Comment

• Too true Mo. Dad is so with it normally but these medications are really messing with him. He’s out of it most of the time .... so sad. If my Dad were a tree he’d be an Oak. He’s strong as an ox & willing to move earth for whatever mom wants. This is a sad time for the whole family.

Comment

• Hopefully he'll be much better soon 4A - I hope so.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your dad, 4A (Foray). But you were going to help with yard work, and your dad's an oak, so...

Anyway, it's hard watching your parents deteriorating, really hard. My dad passed away in 2010 after fighting myelodysplastic syndrome for several years. He was like your dad, the oak in our family. It's hard.
            sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Yup. Didn't notice all the "botanical" references, ha. Yeah, mom mows & I weed. I'm sure it kills him to have to sit there knowing we're doing "his" work ... that he enjoys - by the way.

Comment

• yeah it's tough to watch others do 'your' work...but for a little while and then hopefully he can be back at it!

Comment

• Hopefully Meg ... this has been coming on for a few years 6 back surgeries in 10 years - the last one he had a wound vac for 6 months! then the elbow= a wound vac for 4 months then they added 6 weeks to that. Now the knee & today he goes home with a ...??? you guessed it a wound vac they say for 2 weeks. bah ha ha!
                  He doesn't understand the more drugs he piles on the more he sits, he more weight he gains & the LESS OXYGEN perfusion there is. === wounds don't heal. Add to that he's gotta get out, mow that yard, lay new mulch, hang that sheetrock, install those cabinets !!! OOOHHHHHH!!!!!
                  Sorry ... bless him

Comment

• 1 back surgery was enough for me!! 6 in 10 years....just wow
                    it's difficult to get our parents to listen to us...as their kids they 'obviously' know more than us

Comment

• I just finished a phone interview and I'm hoping it went well enough for me to move on to the next step. It's for an admin position at a local health care provider...the largest one around here! So much career advancement potential and sadly that's not really an option where I'm at now.

Comment

• I hope you are successful Meg, wishing you lots of luck.

Comment

• Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms! What would we be without u! 🤱🏼[emoji1405][emoji253]. [emoji250][emoji240].

Comment

• Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms! What would we be without u! 🤱🏼[emoji1405][emoji253]. [emoji250][emoji240].

Comment

• Thanks from this Mom, has been a pretty good day.

Comment

• We've bought the supplies needed to build ANOTHER area for our cats to go outside. It'll be off the MBR window. Hopefully it will be up by the weekend. Sophie cat has taken over everything in the house; she's really not a very good girl. Our 13 year olds DO NOT like her & she chases, claws, and hisses at them constantly. I play peacemaker all day long -- its getting old!

Comment

Working...
                                X