No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just weeks away! That's great. Sorry about the pain - ouch. hopefully your routine will be back soon. PT, physio? a brace for awhile I guess.

Comment

• Went for my 4th Covid jab and also got the flu jab while i was there, apart from a slight headache i can happily report no side effects this time around
      I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• We had ours a couple of weeks ago - no problems for me but Mrs YB felt awaful the following day, she just had Covid jab, not flu

Comment

• haven't decided about that. Had 2 injections- masks aren't required here - even at my dr. so.... I'm just not SURE what they're giving -- yet.

Comment

• SERIOUSLY y'all WHAT's going on with you?
            We don't do Halloween - but Happy Halloween to you all. Cats, open doors & kids just don't mix. Tomorrow starts our CHRISTMAS decoration making marathon. This year we're going with a fence theme of the old tree light bulbs from the 70's. The BIG ones. we have 34 posts - there are 5 different colors & we've bought cheap garden hose to serve as our wire. It's about 400 ft long....THEN there's the house & of course I'll send pictures. YEA!!!
            Other than that same o same o. Trying to get 4 states of family together this year for Thanksgiving at Mom's new house. It'll be good & sad.
            NOW y'all GOOOOOOO::

Comment

• Yes, Happy Halloween. It's not somethong we particularly "celebrate". We used to get a few children trick or treating but not had any this past two or three years.

Our Christmas decorations are just a tree in the house and not much else. This will be around the middle of December.

Thanksgiving doesn't happen here in the UK so we won't be as busy as you, Fours, over the next few weeks.

We had a day by the sea today, St Annes, about 70 miles away. Nice and bright day, temp around 60 plus a bit of breeze. Arrived back home around 6 and it started raining heavy around 7. Of ourse the clocks have gone back now so it's dark by 5pm

Comment

• OH... y'all go back ealier than us? That's right - it used to be BEFORE Halloween now it's AFTER -- so we'll be doing that on the 5th.
                I think it would be nice to be able to "bop" over to the beach! We have beautiful parks - rivers too and the Smoky Mountains are about 4-5 hours away. The closest ocan drive is 7-9 hours and that would be Florida.
                Any big news over there? Well, other than the PM.... and of course of mid- elections will be next week.

Comment

• Gis — how's the healing going???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                    Gis — how's the healing going???
                    Still quite sore, tried getting off the pain killers to no avail, looking forward to getting the cast off

I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• hmmm sorry to hear ... hopefully soon!

Comment

• OK - Gis -- saw this again yesterday & thought of you. It's on YT - hopefully you can find the 2minute version like this is. IMG_4092.jpg

Comment

• STILL painting our decorations - between the type of board we bought this year & the need for primer - top coat --- UH boy. THEN our green wasn't "right"-- third times a charm --I TOOK THE HOSE INTO LOWES AND SAID PLZ MATCH THIS COLOR! bam - so we're back on track.

Comment

• Hope everyone was able to Thank a Vet - remember a Vet - this weekend 11.11. different generations ... Great Granddad's, ALL my Great Uncles were in WWII (there were 5 of them each in a different branch * POW France & Japan)... an Uncle in Korean, another Uncle, FIL, BIL military ... but I remember mostly Eugene T. Lampley ... he was my favorite Gr. Uncle - he was in the military a Raider Marine - Pacific - ended up stationed at Port Chicago ... and y'all know that story - he was the guy that wrote letters to Clinton to have Aubrey Miller exonerated. (I think I've mentioned him before) he later had a Geology & Law degree... he was the nicest man, kind, thoughtful, SMART, sincere, and very tall. He had this great collection of arrowheads, and rare rocks (fossils). Also he had the LARGEST coin collection around - vey extensive! He gave me an 1893 10$ gold coin on a beautiful 18k solid rope chain before he passed... he once showed me his Browning sniper rifle - it was heavy as hell. He thought that was funny.... oh I could go on... and a story that my Uncle George told about being a P.O.W. over in France - WOW, lets just say, helmet & rat. I'm sure I wasn't supposed to hear that -- I was 7-8?? I was fascinated that my cousins live in Guam... GUAM ! of course I was 6-7...
                            Oh well, thanks for listening! Y'all have a story of a Veteran?

Comment

• My dad (army) and Mrs YB's dad (air force) both served in WWII. I'm sure they had some awful experiences and sdaw things that no man should ever see but they didn't talk about it much. As a young boy I had a million questions to ask but dad usually turned the answer into an amusing story and I could never sort fact from fiction

Comment

• Yes ... other than movies - I've never heard anyone tell a story & was just in the next room while they " all 4 beaches" discussed it - I only saw them 1-2 times a year - and never understood it all until MUCH later. My Gr. Grandmother lived 15 minutes from us & on holidays THEY would "come home". It was a big deal. big family - they lived al over MULTIPLE times I wasn't close to the cousins - that were about my age but yet should have been closer to my Dad's age.....

Thanks for sharing - amazing isn't it.

Comment

Working...
                                X