No announcement yet.

What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I ever get the chance to visit Tennessee, Fours, I'll be sure to let you know in advance.

Realistically the chances are probably several million to one against. I doubt I'll ever leave England again in my life. OK, maybe a trip or two into Wales which is around 100 miles away

Comment

• YB. years ago for our 10th anniversary we had a Rome, Paris, London tripped all laid out - flights hotels tours, sights to see and of course shopping!!! Instead he decided to put the money in to his business and concrete the parking lot, new paint, etc. THAT WAS MY ONLY TIME WANTING TO LEAVE. I wouldn't now for anything. I've been to Mexico twice, Canada once & Jamaica & the Bahamas but that's all. 23-24 US states.

Y'all?

Comment

• Compared to a lot of people we have never been prolific travelers. We have traveled a lot but mainly within the UK. From the mid 80's to the mid 90's we took holidays outside the UK, mainly Spanish islands (Mallorca, Ibiza, Tenerife, Gran Canaria). We also went once to Bulgaria. Our circumstances changed then and we have tended to holiday in the UK, except 1999 & 2009.

We have discovered some very nice locations within the UK, well England and Wales actually. The only downside is that on Spanish Islands you are almost guaranteed a warm and sunny time whereas within England its 50/50 at best that it doesn't rain. The past three years have been good but in 2016 it rained the whole time, except the Sunday after we arrived. Spent lots of money, what a waste

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
          Dan! Hey! What part of “the mit” are u going to?

Be a couple of days in Fenton (Flint area), then up into the UP for several nights near Newberry just north of Mackinaw City, then back to Flint for a night.
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Flint? (gulp). You be careful! My sister also owns a cabin up north in Kalkaska. I’ve up as far as Frankenmuth OH U GOTTA GO TO BRONNERS — it like the largest Christmas store ever! It’s amazing! O I don’t have the words to explain—check out the website to see if there are pictures!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Happy Father’s Day you all you dads out there! ⚾️⛳️[emoji375][emoji342][emoji3465][emoji433]

Comment

• Another day of walking the dog and playing golf
                I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Sitting looking out the window watching for our resident fox or one of his family.

Comment

• What are you doing?

Mo! I was thinking of you this weekend while puling weeds at my parents. Mom has the biggest hostas all over! I remembered you like them - right? this is one of 4 hosta beds among ALL of the other beds. Between the flowers, plants, flags, wind chimes, big old trees swaying, the waters running, birds, etc. it is so peaceful there!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 22-06-2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Reading by the window. It’s quite pleasant but I can hear the neighbors swearing 7 times now. Sounds like it’s normal for them.

Comment

• Oh ha! Funny ... we don’t have to worry about that here... outback anyway ... cuss - change clothes - bathroom breaks (the guys) bathing suits - dance — 10 acres!!! Our own gun range HA!

Comment

• ITCHING! that's what I'm doing! Guess there was poison oak / ivy in mom's weeds .... oh my ...had a patch here and there - but over the night wow ... it's in 3 more places! Got a call out to my doctor for SOMETHING!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                            Oh ha! Funny ... we don’t have to worry about that here... outback anyway ... cuss - change clothes - bathroom breaks (the guys) bathing suits - dance — 10 acres!!! Our own gun range HA!

That’s cool. Our neighbor does a lot of karaoke too!

Comment

• Our entertainment is watching the neighbours have their driveway done, three weeks and it’s still no complete, some days have been like living in a construction zone.

Comment

• Sounds a bit like our experiences a couple of years ago, Mo. The house we can see out of our back windows were having a new roof. It took over a week for the scaffolding to be erected. Then nothing happened for about two weeks before the roofers arrived. They seemed to do an odd day, then were absent for a few days before returning. Eventually the roof was finished and then a couple of weeks later the other guys arrived to remove the scaffolding. The whole operation must have taken almost three months, to do a week's work.
                                It didn't pose any problems for us but Mrs YB was concerned for the occupants with the dirt and upheaval

Comment

Working...
                                X