What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing?

Oh my gosh y'all. This is a picture of an actual ROAD in Hickman County. People think WE live in the country. THIS is country. This long winding, gully & pot-holed filled, no shoulder, one lane, crossed 2 creeks, overgrown with weeds, just isolated road was unbelievable. It's been YEARS since I've been on a road like this - I was shocked people lived out there.
    Don't get me wrong/ it was beautifully quite. The creek & bluffs --- but wow!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 4AMNTN; 10-08-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• I've been catching it in the neck from some women because I wondered why the beach volleyball women wore such skimpy outfits when the men for the same event wear t-shirts and shorts.

Seems it improves their athletic ability to wear bikinis or whatever the outfits are called. Funnily enough, it doesn't seem to detract from the men's ability with whatever clothing they wear!

Most of the male replies were quite happy with what the women wear.

Comment

• You are so correct Mo.
        Disappointed in some of the line of our women's gymnasts during our anthem.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
          Oh my gosh y'all. This is a picture of an actual ROAD in Hickman County. People think WE live in the country. THIS is country. This long winding, gully & pot-holed filled, no shoulder, one lane, crossed 2 creeks, overgrown with weeds, just isolated road was unbelievable. It's been YEARS since I've been on a road like this - I was shocked people lived out there.
          Don't get me wrong/ it was beautifully quite. The creek & bluffs --- but wow!!
          Looks like where the Waltons lived!
          sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• The one picture looks quite scenic although as you say, really countrified.

Comment

• Mo, it was funny. Literally I laughed at how "nothing" it was. My first thought was `if someone were to have a heart attack, they'd die`. It was so out there. But we were only 20 minutes from life. But the homes for the most part were really scenic. They were "our place on the farm" places. NICE view, NICE homes. I wouldn't want 2 homes, really. That's 2 of everything we've got going on right now - no thank you. But these folks (again most of them) had money. We did see some "do people actually live there, live like that"? houses too. I don't mean that to sound cruel - ok. please.

Comment

• Sounds interesting 4A - nice to see how other folks live.

Comment

• Originally posted by momckee View Post
                  It was billed as Australian football but it wasn't rugby as there wasn't the same amount of contact, mostly throwing and kicking the oval ball - they called it Australian football on the telly. I looked it up on Wikipedia and it calls for eighteen people on field, sometimes called 'footy'.
                  Australian Rules football is nicknamed footy. Was it at the Olympics or were you watching something else? This has me curious as there'd be no way in my mind Aussie Rules would be an Olympic sport. i'm going to have to look it up myself now. Maybe as an exhibition match and then they'd use the men. The women did play sevens too and we won the gold with NZ winning the silver. That's all I can think of it being. Bizarrely, New Zealand, a more rugby oriented country than us, is out of the competition for the men. Wow! What a blow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiona View Post
                    Australian Rules football is nicknamed footy. Was it at the Olympics or were you watching something else? This has me curious as there'd be no way in my mind Aussie Rules would be an Olympic sport. i'm going to have to look it up myself now. Maybe as an exhibition match and then they'd use the men. The women did play sevens too and we won the gold with NZ winning the silver. That's all I can think of it being. Bizarrely, New Zealand, a more rugby oriented country than us, is out of the competition for the men. Wow! What a blow.
                    Hi Fiona, good to see you - it must have been the Olympics as that is all I've been watching the last few days except for the odd time have tuned in to CNN to see how the US Election mess was going. Will check anyway as I don't think I would report on having seen something I'm not familiar with unless I'd seen it on telly.

It must have been a film clip of a previous exhibition game as I can't find anything about it on the Olympic news.
                    Last edited by momckee; 11-08-2016, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• looking out our front door now ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• That's lovely 4A - nice to have deer on your front lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                          looking out our front door now ...
                          Nice
                          I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• That's a pear tree & it's loaded this year. They'll sit underneath from dusk thru the night sometimes. We've even thrown out some hay for them to lay on just inside the tree line (woods).

Comment

• I think I'd like it at your house 4A - sounds like you're in a lovely setting.

Comment

• Mo that's is so sweet. Thank u. If ur ever in Nashville u should let me know. [emoji1309]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X