• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really sad news, Fours. Thinking about you

Comment

• So sorry for your loss, 4.

Comment

• I'm so sorry 4. Prayers for you and your momma.

Comment

• The funeral was yesterday. It's was just us - they did an amazing job. The poinsettias and snowy lights on the huge trees plus the seasonal pall made the setting so pretty - daddy looked good. I picked the pictures for the video that played in the background and my mom was very touched as were the grandkids that hadn't seen some of the pictures before. Daddy was a handsome man (and mom very pretty herself) ... Thank you for ALL your kind words - (Dan)
          Dad worked 7 day operation (7 days 7 afternoons 7 nights then off for 7 & every holiday & all the OT he could get) for more pay at the Ford plant - he built a 1/2 basketball court for my older sister so she could be the best! but a 30' tree house that was my middle sister's -he coached softball for 10 years - picked up kids, paid their way - got up from sleep -never missed a game - wanted us & every kid to have that chance...he built on to the house as we got older ...bought our first cars, taught me how to play golf, he made sure we all -- especially mom got what (he could make happen) what we needed. They were so involved in our growing up THEN they were able to buy a "golf house" that they would stay at & really enjoyed themselves after we were all off & married. THEN grandkids - and they moved to the house in Columbia - remolded it - a beautiful yard - decorated for every event STILL making every moment for the family - they had just sold that house last month. It was the two of them - always ... (NOT taking away from all the sacrifices mom made too ---- that's another day)
          Thank y'all for listening... (sorry)

Comment

• Condolences and good thoughts to you and the family 4A. Wishing you quiet and peaceful days, time for reflexion.

Comment

• Dave has problems. With his foot which drags when he walks, getting physio which he says doesn't help. Not a happy man. In the better news dept we have a rescue cat, Marcus, he’s about 2 yrs. old, very handsome, likes lots of love. Hope all of you are staying healthy and protection wise, wishing you all well for Christmas.

Comment

• Mo ... thank you for the update. I appreciate it. Hope you are well - and hope therapy IN TIME helps Dave. That's a wonderful thing! A rescue cat! I am THE CAT expert ... if I may be of any help! Please keep me posted - thank you... take care!

The funeral home had a grief dog ... he was amazing -- Taylor was his name .. a LabraDoodle?

Comment

• We decorated early this year - Sunday November 29.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Very pretty, 4A.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4AMNTN View Post
                      We decorated early this year - Sunday November 29.
                      Nice!
                      sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss 4
                        I haven't failed, i've merely found 10,000 reasons why it didn't work

Comment

• Another warm day - overcast tho. Mom & my older sister are driving up today - it would have been Dad's 77th birthday. She wanted to go to the gravesite. Wow - things are just never going to be the same.

Comment

• Addressing Christmas cards, putting final touches on gifts for friends ...wrapping mini bars with OUR name labels ... just doing "something"....

Comment

• Originally posted by 4amntn View Post
                              another warm day - overcast tho. Mom & my older sister are driving up today - it would have been dad's 77th birthday. She wanted to go to the gravesite. Wow - things are just never going to be the same.
                              (((hug)))
                              sigpic The rules are: There ain't no rules.

Comment

• Anyone hear an update on Mo - her husband? Are y'all all doing ok? and your families? WOW... when it rains --- mammogram call back, ultrasound calls for a biopsy - that'll be scheduled next week ... oh boy --- can I just cry for a minute. Tell me how y'all are? :")

Comment

Working...
                                X