Page 182 of 186 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1859

Thread: What are you doing?

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    Lee Child, Peter James, Graham Hurley
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo View Post
    Was gonna put new brake discs and pads onto my car but the rain has put paid to that, my garage isn't big enough to get the car inside
    I don't know what make/model of car you have Gis, but cars have definitely got bigger over the years and many people don't (or cannot) use their garage for what it was originally designed for. I remember the car I had in 2008 (Vauxhall Vectra) fit into my garage easily but the replacement model (Vauxhall Insignia) I bought later was at least eight inches longer so the garage door was never closed for four years. I know those makes/models won't mean much to most of you but they are quite common in the UK - known as "family cars".

And most of the 4x4 or SUV's are too high for the garage anyway

Fav Author
    Child, Slaughter, Sandford, Coben, WILTSE
    Well Ö we have a 4 car garage and I still have to park under the carport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    Is that because the garage is full of other things, Fours. A lot of what Mrs YB would call "junk"

Fav Author
    We have a 1987 Buick Grand National in one bay my 2016 Cadillac CTS V, the Smart car mower & golf cart in one and the lowered black Chevy truck in the other all our holiday decorations are ďsprinkled around ď throughout Since I donít work & only get out for groceries etc. Iím under the carport along with Kevinís daily truck. But thatís better! Heís sold 2 of his favorite vehicles in the 6 months or so. (Long panel Van & a 70ís Buick.) boys & their toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    I often wish I could have saved a few of my old cars but I always seemed to need to trade them in to help with the purchase of the new one. The one I really would have loved to save was a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle in bright orange. Loved that car

Fav Author
    Oh funny YB - my favorite uncle had THAT car! I'll always remember BOTH with fondness! We've always been car people - we used to RACE each other before dating (me 1987 Mustang GT he had 1987 Buick Regal GN - I was a GOOD driver but his car was quicker!)- then married & went to as many car shows each weekend for years! We like the American muscle car - 67 Chevelle - 71 GSX, an 1987 Buick GNX and 67 Camaro convertible- maybe a 1958 vette???

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    We were into cars for many years but ours was Stock Car Racing

Fav Author
    YB. do y'all get STREET OUTLAWS over there? Discovery channel with 1/4 mile races. We've been watching for years. Of course when we were younger we'd go to Talladega - back in the day! We have a 1/4 track "near" here but we've not been in 30 years. We do still try to make The Buick Grand Nationals at Beach Bend in KY .... ahhh those were the days.
    My BIL did the stock car stuff in Nashville a few years. We'd go.

Avid Reader
    Fav Author
    UK Stock Car Racing is, I believe, vastly different to the US version. They may have been the same/similar back in the 1950/60's but they have evolved differently.

A 1/4 mile track would be big to us, 300-350 yards is about the usual. UK Stock Cars are purpose built, not modified road cars. Contact is allowed.

Fav Author
    Lee Child
    A lot of us don't have attics, we don't have basements, so anything extra goes in the garage or in a shed in the backyard. If we want any kind of a workshop area, most of us have to use the garage. We have a 2 car garage. We can fit one car and my motorcycle and my table saw. There's not room for another car, so the extra space gets used for storage.